PDA

View Full Version : an island object that big enough for a test runway would be very useful

Enforcer572005
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
And would literally make the Pacific maps, like guadalcanal, more usable. We've got the cliffs of Dover, but could a larger piece of land long enough to take a test runway be possible? It could be pretty simple, just some grass and dirt coloration since we've got enough objects to flesh it out, assuming it could be supportable for objects to be placed on it.

Sea level edges that could fit together on different sides would make it possible to make a larger island or series of them. Santa Isabel and the Russells could be placed in the Solomons as an example.

Ive seen small airfields using Dover and entire ports (like Malta) , so I thought a more realistic piece of land would be more suitable for an airfield etc. Just an idea.

Enforcer572005
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
And would literally make the Pacific maps, like guadalcanal, more usable. We've got the cliffs of Dover, but could a larger piece of land long enough to take a test runway be possible? It could be pretty simple, just some grass and dirt coloration since we've got enough objects to flesh it out, assuming it could be supportable for objects to be placed on it.

Sea level edges that could fit together on different sides would make it possible to make a larger island or series of them. Santa Isabel and the Russells could be placed in the Solomons as an example.

Ive seen small airfields using Dover and entire ports (like Malta) , so I thought a more realistic piece of land would be more suitable for an airfield etc. Just an idea.

MetalG.
10-16-2007, 04:58 AM
Agree, would be very nice to have. I've used those cliff objects to create a sort of mini-Rabaul on the Guadalcanal map, however it's far from ideal ofcourse. An object more resembling an island would save a lot of time for building missions and would make many maps a lot more useful.

Col._King
10-16-2007, 06:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Carry on!