PDA

View Full Version : Strange Effect in Canopy

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:50 AM
Hey all - Just got a new system - FB was the first game loaded in, it's running fine but there's one thing. When i'm inside the cockpit panning around there seems to be kind of a "breakup" effect on the canopy frames, like it's a little slow on the re-draw or something. It's not a big deal but i'ts definitely noticable.On my old system I didn't notice it. I even hooked up my old monitor to the new system to compare and it was still there. My old computer is a 1.4 Athalon with a G4 Ti 4600, Win98, DirectX 8.1. My new setup is a P4 3.0 "canterwood", Radeon 9800 pro, Win XP, DirectX 9.0. I figure it's something in the ATI card or perhaps DirectX 9.0. I'd like to hear what anybody thinks

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:50 AM
Hey all - Just got a new system - FB was the first game loaded in, it's running fine but there's one thing. When i'm inside the cockpit panning around there seems to be kind of a "breakup" effect on the canopy frames, like it's a little slow on the re-draw or something. It's not a big deal but i'ts definitely noticable.On my old system I didn't notice it. I even hooked up my old monitor to the new system to compare and it was still there. My old computer is a 1.4 Athalon with a G4 Ti 4600, Win98, DirectX 8.1. My new setup is a P4 3.0 "canterwood", Radeon 9800 pro, Win XP, DirectX 9.0. I figure it's something in the ATI card or perhaps DirectX 9.0. I'd like to hear what anybody thinks

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Sounds like you are experiecing what is sometimes referred to as 'tearing'. This can sometimes happen if 'Vertical Sync' is disabled in your video card settings.

Aviar

----------------------------------
AMD XP 2100+
ASUS A7N266-C DDR Mobo
1024Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
SoundBlaster Audigy
Klipsch 5.1 THX Certified Speakers
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Hey Aviar - Thanks man! That was it ! It took me a bit to find that setting tab but I found it and set D3D and Gl both to always on, and the fix was in! At the risk of being greedy maybe you can tell me why I get low refresh flicker if I change the game resolution unless it matches whatever the desktop is running at. Also, is there a framerate counter in the game? I looked on the key assignments but didn't see anything for that. Thanx again.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:29 AM
In the cockpit hit "shift-tab", then type "fps START SHOW", then hit "shift-tab" again. To turn off same thing but "fps STOP HIDE". You will find this in the readme file in the FB folder. You should always run the game at desktop resolution and color depth.