PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Pause

Turretspinner
10-15-2005, 09:50 PM
When I start a game I can manage my crew, Uboat, etc. but when I start the mission it is paused.I can not unpause it to save my life. I have tried repatching and uinstalling then reinstalling the game. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Please help if possible.

The Avon Lady
10-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Sounds like you messed up your TIME COMPRESSION settings.

Use a text editor to open up file \My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\main.cfg. Make sure the "RealTime" statement is there and is set to '1', as in the following example:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1

If "RealTime" is set to '0', your game will be permanently paused.

If that resolves your problem, the next question is how did you manage to get the zero setting in the first place.

Turretspinner
10-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I checked what you posted, it was correct without me changing anything and now I can start the game. It checks the disc, goes to a black screen and crashes

The Avon Lady
10-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Turretspinner:
I checked what you posted, it was correct without me changing anything and now I can start the game. It checks the disc, goes to a black screen and crashes
This is very strange. You didn't make any changes, before the game simply paused on you and now it crashes during startup?

Missing the Midas Touch today, aren't we?

What version of the game are you patched up to?

What mods, if any, did you install?

Turretspinner
10-16-2005, 12:01 AM
I did not make any changes to the game. The last mission I played my sub was destroyed by a palne. I exited the game normally and tried to start it the next day and got the pause issue. V 1.4b and no mods

The Avon Lady
10-16-2005, 01:32 AM
What version of Windows?

What graphics adapater and drivers?

What audio adapter and drivers?

How much RAM memory on your machine?

Turretspinner
10-16-2005, 10:35 AM
-Windows XP
- GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128mb w/latest driver
-Sound Blaster and no idea
-512MB ram

I played this game since june without any difficulty which is why I am at a loss to why this is happening

Turretspinner
10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Windows XP

GeForce FX 5700 Ultra w/ latest driver

Sound Blaster Audio and no idea

512 MB Ram

I have played SH3 since june without any problems which is why I am at a loss as to why this is happening.

The Avon Lady
10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Are you running reliable and up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware, making sure your system is clean.

The only other things I can think of are:

1. You've got faulty RAM memory. That can happen all of a sudden. There are memory test programs available for free. I believe even Microsoft has one.

2. You've got a faulty graphics card. Less likely, unless you've been overclocking.

3. Your box's cooling system isn't working properly and you're overheating.

4. You've got an old SB Live card. That can do all sorts of things with the latest games. But if you've got something more recent, like an Audigy, you should still install the latest drivers for it.