PDA

View Full Version : Comments pls!

headhunterz1983
04-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Okay i havent bought this pacific fighters game so i need you guys to gimme me overall comments of the game, sound theme and hopefully soe screenshots. thx!

headhunterz1983
04-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Okay i havent bought this pacific fighters game so i need you guys to gimme me overall comments of the game, sound theme and hopefully soe screenshots. thx!

BaldieJr
04-12-2005, 09:59 PM
The great thing about the game is that it includes no sounds, so you'll never have to worry about a bunch of noisy distractions.

Also, the developers were kind enough to not include a screenshot button. This was purposely left out so people would not post giant screenshots. Government Analysts and a few high-school graduates report that the Internet may run out of bandwidth sooner than we think. Once this happens, billions of dollars in "trailer park Ebay exchange" will dry up, causing a major economic catastrophe. By not allowing people to post huge screenshots, the developers are helping to keep bandwidth wastes at a minimum. Save the Internet!

The game rox!

Beuf_Ninja
04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
I find PF to be a tremendous combat flight sim and would recommend it to anyone who wants realism and a challenge. As for screenshots, well it looks different depending on the system you have. If your pc is old it might not look that great but on newer pc's it is very photorealistic. PF is a little steeper on the learning curve than IL2 Forgotten Battles as Naval avation requires more skill in takeoff and landing, the realism is scalable though so you can "ramp" the difficulty as you improve.

Chuck_Older
04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
There is a Pacific Fighters forum on this website

There is an extensive Pacific Fighters screenshot thread in that forum

Skycat_2
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
You could go through the 85 or so pages in the PACIFIC FIGHTERS SCREENSHOT PAGE! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=1631045132) thread. That's a lot to look at ...

Forgotten Battles and its follow-on product Pacific Fighters have a lot in common, but FB (in my opinion) has better terrain textures by a slim margin. All things considered, the 'feel' of the planes is what really counts, and the IL-2 series transcends the limitations of a monitor and joystick/keyboard very well. If you're familiar with WWII flight sims or even the Microsoft FS series, I can only assure you that the IL-2 series is at the head of the genre, not only incorporating the best of earlier sims but also creating new benchmarks as well.

carguy_
04-13-2005, 05:57 PM
If you already have FB+AEP I recommend merging it with PF.Gives a very good sim.

If you don`t I wouldn`t buy PF without the Gold Pack.