PDA

View Full Version : How is the hidden gun supposed to work?

PryingTuna85649
08-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I think this ability is the worst in terms of never working for me. I tried breaking up a stun lock with it tonight, but I couldn't even aim. I'd lock on a target and start to aim, but 3 times in a row it dropped immediately. When I finally WAS able to aim, my target ducks behind a wall RIGHT as I released. And lag didn't work in my favor there, of course.

I suppose I should have a better understanding of it, but I don't. I never use it because it never works, but it would be nice to know how to for these kinds of situations.

E-Zekiel
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
You can't touch your left control stick while using it. That cancels the shot.

Or if you're on PC...just target, hold the fire button, and do not touch your movement keys.

Ripe Claw
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
You have to hold down the ability button for the gun until it focuses. Fully focused there will be a white line that points to your target. When fully focused, the gun can't miss unless they get behind an obstacle. If you only aim for a second, as in tapping the gun button and releasing right away, it will miss often. When you release the button it fires. If you move the left stick at all it cancels the shot.

AwkwardlyBruta
08-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Someone told me if you don't hold aim all the way distance from target doesn't matter, because it's all percent based, any word on if it's true or not?

Ripe Claw
08-16-2011, 02:54 AM
I have no hard facts to back anything up at all, but when I did the lucky shot challenge, when I shot point blank without focusing I would get the kill more often than not, but when I did a quickshot from afar I almost always missed.

This is just my observation and in no way do I state it as a game fact, just what happened for me. It could have just been the way the percentages worked out for me.

obliviondoll
08-16-2011, 03:02 AM
The game's descriptions for the Hidden Gun ability state that accuracy is a percentage based on the combination of how long you were aiming and which version of the gun you use. Deadly Gun starts with a 30% base accuracy, and Fast-aiming increases accuracy faster.

And contrasting with Ripe.Claw's experience, I've had better luck with quick-scoping near draw distance than I have at point-blank.

Kytr
08-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
I have no hard facts to back anything up at all, but when I did the lucky shot challenge, when I shot point blank without focusing I would get the kill more often than not, but when I did a quickshot from afar I almost always missed.

This is just my observation and in no way do I state it as a game fact, just what happened for me. It could have just been the way the percentages worked out for me.

Oddly, my success rate on the quick shots seems to be best on long shots against people in mid-air. I have never hit on an attempt at short range. Weird.

Kytr
08-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The game's descriptions for the Hidden Gun ability state that accuracy is a percentage based on the combination of how long you were aiming and which version of the gun you use. Deadly Gun starts with a 30% base accuracy, and Fast-aiming increases accuracy faster.

And contrasting with Ripe.Claw's experience, I've had better luck with quick-scoping near draw distance than I have at point-blank.

Actually your best option is the Quick Shot Gun (for completing the mid-air challenge). It only takes 1 second to focus (not 1.5), so you can get to nearly 100% with that one on a quick shot. The Deadly gun is only about half as effective.

Ripe Claw
08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I wish I would have opened the quick gun first before doing the lucky shot, but hey, I guess that's why I am me. Doing it with the regular gun sucked.

Oh, and I totally believe you guys when you say you had the opposite experience on the lucky shot. I am always the odd man out. The opposite to the masses.

obliviondoll
08-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Kytr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Actually your best option is the Quick Shot Gun (for completing the mid-air challenge). It only takes 1 second to focus (not 1.5), so you can get to nearly 100% with that one on a quick shot. The Deadly gun is only about half as effective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So I forgot the name of it. Thanks for correcting me.

I wasn't commenting which was better for it, just stating what the benefits of each version are.

Kytr
08-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize that you were talking about both of the upgrades, not just Deadly Gun.