PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Oil Stain Feature

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Hi Oleg,

I hope your health is improving.

I would like to have progressively worsening oil staining on the cockpit glass so that the pilot is "encouraged" to land like in real life before the visibility is gone.

I am figuring this would be a feature in your next sim.

Other things I would like to see would be flat tires from bullet hits, broken landing gear struts etc, and one more would be that when a damaged a/c lands it has a chance of a good landing but also a high probability of further damage or crashing as well. Today the ai will always land successfully even if the plane is just barely flyable.

Thanks,

Condor out

Message Edited on 06/26/0305:29PM by Condor124

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Hi Oleg,

I hope your health is improving.

I would like to have progressively worsening oil staining on the cockpit glass so that the pilot is "encouraged" to land like in real life before the visibility is gone.

I am figuring this would be a feature in your next sim.

Other things I would like to see would be flat tires from bullet hits, broken landing gear struts etc, and one more would be that when a damaged a/c lands it has a chance of a good landing but also a high probability of further damage or crashing as well. Today the ai will always land successfully even if the plane is just barely flyable.

Thanks,

Condor out

Message Edited on 06/26/0305:29PM by Condor124

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 05:48 PM
*Oleg's answering machine* Hi, I am not here in the moment, I am on vacation and recovering of my ulcer made by "Fw-190" and will be back in July 2nd. Your message will be answered if on top of the forum when I arrive. Goodbye *Beeeeeeep*

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 06:54 PM
I would like to second this request. It would be neat to see oil streaming back on your windshield as you pass through the air rather than having a black blob sitting there static there like someone painted it on. Also I would like to suggest that the damage that you see from the cockpit view be repeated on the external view. I have many time had my canopy riddled with bullets and a lot of cool looking holes appear but it is not modeled on the external view.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Until than, one quart can motor oil, one ice pick. Puncture can, place on top of monitior, hole side down. Head for home before your screen get covered, or monitor blows.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 11:45 PM
bmwk1200 wrote:
- I would like to second this request. It would be
- neat to see oil streaming back on your windshield as
- you pass through the air rather than having a black
- blob sitting there static there like someone painted
- it on. Also I would like to suggest that the damage
- that you see from the cockpit view be repeated on
- the external view. I have many time had my canopy
- riddled with bullets and a lot of cool looking holes
- appear but it is not modeled on the external view.

Nuances like this are things I hope they eventually have time to work on. There are some planes that show really good external damage to the cockpit glass, such as the Storch (they are very fun to shoot up.) Seems like the big Me-323 transport does as well In others you can see a damaged gunsight or blackened portions of instrumentation from external. However, many planes don't have this. Slumped pilots/gunners are also a rare treat. These would be an aid to gameplay. Presently, even running externals with zoom view it is unclear when crewmen have been hit. There are some aircraft with less developed damage models and/or visuals as well. Anyway, I hope that in whatever becomes the "final" FB patch (not the upcoming one), that Oleg and crew have time to work on some goodies like this. These aren't just fluff, they do effect gameplay.