PDA

View Full Version : Wha...wha...what?!

Dawnfang
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey all,

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS, DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME OR WANT TO WASTE YOUR 60 BUCKS... LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

-----------------------------------------------

... you're gone?

Great, let's start:

After killing Mua al halim (or whatever his name is...) that Piece of Eden thingy shows you the earth and stuff (if you've finished the game, you'll understand what I mean). To me it looks like Altair and the other man are fascinated by this... or even hypnotised by it... I'm confused; can they withstand the power of the shiny orbthingy, or are they 'fallen' into it's power just like Alhu ahim (... the master of the Assassins...)?

Please help.

Sorry for the bad english... I'm really tired.

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
they went to destroy it, but an invisible wall blocks you, and then the cutscene happens, then the end of the game. but if you remember about towards the end you are desmond talking to vidic and he said that the piece if eden in this memory was destroyed in a battle or something along those lines, so my guess is that they destroy it, and then go hunting for the rest of the pieces shown on the earth from the first piece of eden (being the second game)

just a theory for the second game but you do talk to vidic

AirRon_2K7
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I think they were hypnotised by its power, like Mualim was. Hypnostised isn't the right word... perhaps they could just sense the power it had? Whatever it was, it was good enough to stop them smashin' it up.

idbrian
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
ply
imagine what that thing must look like to someone from back then. hell, that thing would be mesmerizing to see today. I encourage all that have beaten the game to read through this: http://forums.xbox.com/17077648/ShowPost.aspx

It explains a lot of what was seen in the room after he gets eagle vision. After reading this you will find no need to read anyone else's theories.

JR-amond
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
So what do you guys think? Did or did they not destroy it?

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 01:46 PM
well it was destroyed, i don't know if they did or not

MiniAssasin
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
that piece of eden was destroyed when vidic and the others got it and tried putting it into orbit, it blew up which is why they sent altair in the machine where the rest were

the piece altair had at teh end was the one the future guys got their hands on, that is stated in the mails and talkin to lucy

MammothWaffle
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Wrong wrong all wrong.... -.-

Okay if you go back to memory block 7 theres an attachment explaining how he couldn't destroy it just yet. But yes... I think it was destroyed somehow near Desmond's time thats why they need him.

As for the glob and the dots i believe those are the other pieces of eden or w/e. at least thats what i have understood.

And no... they aren't 'hypnotized' by it because its not using that power its just creating a 3D rendering of the earth :P

K_Falcon
12-03-2007, 05:25 PM
yea they saw Earth as it was not how they thought it was, FLAT, so maybe they were surprised come on didnt you think of that.

Dawnfang
12-04-2007, 02:34 AM
I doubt they were suprised by the fact they saw the earth as being a globe. It's a common mistake people think that the people before 1492 didn't know the earth was a globe instead of being flat; from very early on people knew the earth was round.

MiniAssasin
12-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Dawnfang:
I doubt they were suprised by the fact they saw the earth as being a globe. It's a common mistake people think that the people before 1492 didn't know the earth was a globe instead of being flat; from very early on people knew the earth was round.

yep its a myth that people thought the earth was flat

Dunno
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Dawnfang:
Hey all,

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS, DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME OR WANT TO WASTE YOUR 60 BUCKS... LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

... you're gone?

Great, let's start:

After killing Mua al halim (or whatever his name is...) that Piece of Eden thingy shows you the earth and stuff (if you've finished the game, you'll understand what I mean). To me it looks like Altair and the other man are fascinated by this... or even hypnotised by it... I'm confused; can they withstand the power of the shiny orbthingy, or are they 'fallen' into it's power just like Alhu ahim (... the master of the Assassins...)?

Please help.

LOL, oh boy. This is probably one of the most popular questions. The concept that the world was round was made in the 1400's, and even then the gross estimation of it's size was half of what it actually is! If someone said the world was.... say, triangular, then proved it, you'd be amazed too. They still thought the world was flat at that time, and have no idea what the heck is in front of them. They did not know any other continents other than Asia and Europe, maybe Africa. That leaves them with a crapload of countries they have never seen.

If that explanation doesn't suit you, consider this: A piece of eden could possibly be the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden. The power and temptation to be as powerful as a god dragged Adam and Eve to eat it. I'm not saying that Altair would eat it, but its power is tantalizing.
And one more: We still haven't invented holograms TODAY. Nuf said.

They got ahold of the first orb, I think it was destroyed. The point was, they got it from an assassin previously in the room (hence, the blood). From what he learned, he learned that the Animus was being used for evil, and they were sucking his soul (animus is supposed to mean "soul" somehow). He tried to warn the next person in the room with eagle vision about his fate, and what his actions would escalate to.

dirtybird21
12-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Dunno:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dawnfang:
Hey all,

... you're gone?

Great, let's start:

Please help.

LOL, oh boy. This is probably one of the most popular questions. The concept that the world was round was made in the 1400's, and even then the gross estimation of it's size was half of what it actually is! If someone said the world was.... say, triangular, then proved it, you'd be amazed too. They still thought the world was flat at that time, and have no idea what the heck is in front of them. They did not know any other continents other than Asia and Europe, maybe Africa. That leaves them with a crapload of countries they have never seen.

If that explanation doesn't suit you, consider this: A piece of eden could possibly be the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden. The power and temptation to be as powerful as a god dragged Adam and Eve to eat it. I'm not saying that Altair would eat it, but its power is tantalizing.

They got ahold of the first orb, I think it was destroyed. The point was, they got it from an assassin previously in the room (hence, the blood). From what he learned, he learned that the Animus was being used for evil, and they were sucking his soul (animus is supposed to mean "soul" somehow). He tried to warn the next person in the room with eagle vision about his fate, and what his actions would escalate to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have but it takes an entire room 2 generate it, And the image can't move.

Muri777
12-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunno:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dawnfang:
Hey all,

... you're gone?

Great, let's start:

Please help.

They got ahold of the first orb, I think it was destroyed. The point was, they got it from an assassin previously in the room (hence, the blood). From what he learned, he learned that the Animus was being used for evil, and they were sucking his soul (animus is supposed to mean "soul" somehow). He tried to warn the next person in the room with eagle vision about his fate, and what his actions would escalate to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have but it takes an entire room 2 generate it, And the image can't move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source ??

Dawnfang
12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
As I said, even in early days people knew the earth was a globe, eventhough some were convinced it was flat.

By classical times the idea that Earth was spherical became increasingly important in Ancient Greece. Pythagoras in the 6th century BC, apparently on aesthetic grounds, held that all the celestial bodies were spherical. However, most Presocratic Pythagoreans considered the world to be flat. Around 330 BC, Aristotle provided observational evidence for the spherical Earth, noting that travelers going south see southern constellations rise higher above the horizon. This is only possible if their horizon is at an angle to northerners' horizon. Thus the Earth's surface cannot be flat. He also noted that the border of the shadow of Earth on the Moon during the partial phase of a lunar eclipse is always circular, no matter how high the Moon is over the horizon. Only a sphere casts a circular shadow in every direction, whereas a circular disk casts an elliptical shadow in all directions apart from directly above and directly below.

katz_bg
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

yep its a myth that people thought the earth was flat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You say it's a myth that Gallileo Gallilay (or however his name is spelled) was not hung for saying the earth is round?
People in the past did know it, but in medieval times the church brainwashin machine taught them it's flat and that the earth is the center of the universe and everything revolves around the earth.

Originally posted by JR-amond:
So what do you guys think? Did or did they not destroy it? It was destroyed in the 19th or 20th century I believe.
Some incident in a Russian facility.

Dawnfang it's Al Mualim. I guess you haven't read your breafings or messages, since it's spelled there very clearly

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
listen to this... it explains everything............ http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3yG_l_5Dc&feature=related

AirRon_2K7
12-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ACfanboy12:
listen to this... it explains everything............ http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3yG_l_5Dc&feature=related

Stop posting that, seriously. No one cares about your infatuation with japanese men and music. But it is a good movie.

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I think you are hiding your true feelings, and thats a shame... I look hotter than you.

I got no infatuation either... unless it's about boxing, I like Muhammad Ali

Screw you AirRon -___-

NECESARY_EVIL
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
?wtf?