PDA

View Full Version : A question for the development team.

Rascal0101
10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
As an avid Sub sim player I am really looking forward to the new SH3.

The graphics look fantastic and the inclusion of a €˜dynamic campaign€ really makes this an eagerly awaited game.

However:

I went through the same anticipation with Enigma Rising tide, and was quite impressed with the graphics, though in the end the game was let down by an incredibly ba1nal story, with idiotic battle plans, that hardly varied, continual computer crashes and siezures and total inability of the developers to provide coherent working patches. They had various patches for various national versions, some had a part one or part two and sometime part one would load while part two could never be downloaded..........etc...etc...etc

Can the SH3 development team, or indeed any one else from Ubisoft provide any guarantee that your game will not suffer from the same deficiencies?

And can you provide any definitive information on minimal and optimal computer performance to do justice to the game and all your hard work.

Please don€t do another ERT; it was such a profound Disappointment.

Rascal0101
10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
As an avid Sub sim player I am really looking forward to the new SH3.

The graphics look fantastic and the inclusion of a €˜dynamic campaign€ really makes this an eagerly awaited game.

However:

I went through the same anticipation with Enigma Rising tide, and was quite impressed with the graphics, though in the end the game was let down by an incredibly ba1nal story, with idiotic battle plans, that hardly varied, continual computer crashes and siezures and total inability of the developers to provide coherent working patches. They had various patches for various national versions, some had a part one or part two and sometime part one would load while part two could never be downloaded..........etc...etc...etc

Can the SH3 development team, or indeed any one else from Ubisoft provide any guarantee that your game will not suffer from the same deficiencies?

And can you provide any definitive information on minimal and optimal computer performance to do justice to the game and all your hard work.

Please don€t do another ERT; it was such a profound Disappointment.

ParaB
10-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Rascal, I'm not related to the dev team but I can assure you your worries are unnecessary. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I would recommend reading through the various FAQ/Q&A/DevDiary links on this website, since it will show you just how much the dev team is dedicated to making SHIII a great SubSIM. On these pages you will also find the current minimum/recommended system specs. The devs have shown that they actually listen to the community and UBI supports them. The recent announcement of the cooperation of Revell and UBI regarding SHIII is just another step that shows how important UBI actually takes this sim.

It's looking good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rascal0101
10-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi ParaB,
Thanks for your response, and yes reading through the forums have been a great way to put my worries to rest.

My main concern was and remains the evolution of various national 'versions' of the game with the inevitable confusion of which version of which part of which patch and then, having found the patch the download take a hundred years and doesn€t work any way.

I was really disappointed by ERT and don€t want to see SH3 which looks like a real winner, turn into a fiasco.