PDA

View Full Version : zen dogfighting

raaaid
02-15-2006, 04:27 AM
there is one reason because im really looking forward for bob a lot, i would be really upset if it was made pay per play, and is to fly cockpit on with 6dof, i dont fly now because i cant stand the static position

first to be able to make blind shots(when the foe is behind your engine)

second is for precognition, like distinguishing whos foe or friend or notice an unseen and unhear foe at your six (some planes are great for this since they dont have rear visivility at all)

this precognition is strange it happens to me all the time, for example at least twice a day my thoughts say a word 2 seconds before someone says it or i know when my mom is the person calling at the phone or thinking about things before they happen like wondering if the stinky herbal cigarettes im smoking to quit have powder like the normal ones and one second later a big spark comes out or thinking on someone 1 minute before seeing the person or the premonitory dreams that 90% of people i talked to recognize having had at least once in their lives

i think the zen potentiated this precognition for war purposes but how do you account rationally for this reality?

raaaid
02-15-2006, 04:27 AM
there is one reason because im really looking forward for bob a lot, i would be really upset if it was made pay per play, and is to fly cockpit on with 6dof, i dont fly now because i cant stand the static position

first to be able to make blind shots(when the foe is behind your engine)

second is for precognition, like distinguishing whos foe or friend or notice an unseen and unhear foe at your six (some planes are great for this since they dont have rear visivility at all)

this precognition is strange it happens to me all the time, for example at least twice a day my thoughts say a word 2 seconds before someone says it or i know when my mom is the person calling at the phone or thinking about things before they happen like wondering if the stinky herbal cigarettes im smoking to quit have powder like the normal ones and one second later a big spark comes out or thinking on someone 1 minute before seeing the person or the premonitory dreams that 90% of people i talked to recognize having had at least once in their lives

i think the zen potentiated this precognition for war purposes but how do you account rationally for this reality?

raaaid
02-15-2006, 04:52 AM
i think that according to jung the art of zen dogfighting lies in comunicating withe universal uncouncious which knows all answers and to which everybody is boned

but how the hell does it know it in advance?

joeap
02-15-2006, 04:57 AM
Actually interesting, this thing might exist but not sure I'd give it a mystical explanation though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

raaaid
02-15-2006, 05:03 AM
just happened again i open a book named prophecy by cayce and its about universal consciousness and two minutes before i was talking about it without having a clue of what i would do later nor of the book

i think that mistical means unknown but i prefer to look farther into things

Sturmtrooper
02-15-2006, 10:06 AM
raaaid,

I think what you are describing is possible because of our ability as humans to sometimes tap into a kind of "oneness" with everything.

Let me explain. It has been proven that a photon of light can exist in two places simultaneously. This proves the possibility of multi-dimensions.

Our limited perception as human beings is that time moves linearly. Yesterday,today,tomorrow,etc...

What if in fact time is happening all at once ?

Are we just existing in a dimension where only we can perceive time as we know it?

I think so.

But if this is possible,and everything is happening at once,then the past/present/future lines are blurred. In fact , they dont exist.

There is only our perceived reality.

So maybe that precognition of yours was a glimpse behind that thing that we have locked into called "time".

You felt something was going to happen because indeed it already had happened.

And is still happening. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

raaaid
02-16-2006, 06:33 AM
i often have the feeling in the game that im gonna be hit but even knowing it i cant change it so i dont find it that usefull, is like if i didnt have free will

or maybe you can change it and thats why zen warriors used this stuff

they would make archery with a blind in their eyes and that is very similar to shooting a foe behind the engine

elphifou
02-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi raaaid,

I suggest you get to this link:
http://www.cwg.org/
and possibly buy C.W.G. books 1, 2 and 3.
This is the biggest help I can give you regarding what you're talking about and even beyond. I can bet my horse you will love the books. They may even change your life in a very positive way.

I also suggest we'd close this topic. Don't get me wrong, I do understand your interest in spiritual/metaphysical matters (otherwise, I wouldn't give you the above link), but I personally think this forum should be used for discussing topics that revolve mainly around aircraft...

regards

Lunix
02-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi Sturmtrooper your on the right track but a little off the mark. You have to look at how we perceive the world around us. Immanuel Kant showed that we do not come as a clean slate but we have a certain amount of knowlege apriori (before experience). We use this knowlege to condition all experience recieved through our perception of the world. This knowlege is esentially time, space and causality. These are nothing other than the modes of our cognition hence they are uniform throughout the world. I still get a kick out of science telling us they found the smallest thing ever or the begining of time (big bang) because thats just impossible.

Arther Scheopenhaur elucidated Kants work to show all kinds of things about the world around us as it is conditioned through these modes. Of particular interest was how he crossed the boundry into mysticism. If these are our modes of knowlege we obviously cannot understand things which dont fit into them like whatever really exists besides our perception of the world.

Once you remove time and space you could kindof say everything happens at once in the same location but its a trick because at once and same place both imply these modes again. I generally like the buhdist description best "nothingness" not exactly a thing but not nothing either. "oneness" works good too a feeling of connection with the universe because beyond our perception it is obviously all the same thing, kindof.

The neat thing is that this nothingness while we cannot percieve it does exibit itself in the world. It the force that drives the world we cannot perceive it but we can see its, the one and only force, effects. Whether it be gravity or the will of man. It is universal a constant drive in all things. To me it is god.

Anyhow I couldnt refrain myself. No I never studied this in school I just wanted to understand the world around me and came across some interesting philosophers. Most interesting thing is how applicable Arthur is even today in a world where science has far surpassed anything in his world.

Tachyon1000
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think you lot understand one whit of what zen is. Go read a book. It hasn't a thing to do with precognition. As for anyone inkles that something is going to happen in-game before it does, that is merely your mind working in the background perceiving and processing things you aren't aware of consciously, just like when someone throws a ball at you unawares and you turn in time to see it and catch it. That's all. Nothing supernatural spooky here, just neurons firing away or not.

Oz_Canuck
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
-Repoman

Akronnick
02-16-2006, 07:23 PM
You must become one with the sky, the plane, the bullet, and the target. Don't aim, think the bullet to the target.

Patience, Grasshopper, open your mind, and rOxxOrs you will be.

#/Zen Master mode OFF#

Just curious, how will 6DOF help you precognate?

Praetorian_Elite
02-18-2006, 11:37 AM
You guys are getting way too much into the game.