PDA

View Full Version : Old Fw190 players back needs update

ubermoc916
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I have been playing off and on for over 6 years i think and i stopped playing around when pf came out. i just got the dvd set after losing my other ones in katrina. i was flying the dora and a5 mostly back then. dora was faster but i felt the a5 was a bit better turner.anyways i see there alot more planes now and i guessing flying models have changed. just want an update on the fw family. also is the dora still the fastest. i tested last night and i was diving at 900 speed and at 910 it would start falling apart. can any other plan keep up with that?

ubermoc916
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I have been playing off and on for over 6 years i think and i stopped playing around when pf came out. i just got the dvd set after losing my other ones in katrina. i was flying the dora and a5 mostly back then. dora was faster but i felt the a5 was a bit better turner.anyways i see there alot more planes now and i guessing flying models have changed. just want an update on the fw family. also is the dora still the fastest. i tested last night and i was diving at 900 speed and at 910 it would start falling apart. can any other plan keep up with that?

FE_pilot
07-23-2007, 09:02 AM
The TA-152H and C models are the fastest propeller planes in the game.

BBB_Hyperion
07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
d9 44 is still one of the best turning fws better than a5 anyway . P51 and p47 play in the same level of energy fighters.

Maybe best get yourself a overview for new planes with il2compare. (Unfold plane on left to read max dive speed)

Didn't check the link hopefully it is a correct version. Just googled it.
http://www.stonebridgecapital.co.uk/dox/il2c407m.msi

ubermoc916
07-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Great app thanks.

Manu-6S
07-23-2007, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FE_pilot:
The TA-152H and C models are the fastest propeller planes in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong... you forget MustangIII...

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
The Antons are the best they have been and more deadly then ever. Absolute joy to fly in my opinion. I dont fly too much late war stuff so I can really speak for the Dora but I did happen to fly the Ta-152C yesterday and the thing is an freakin beast!

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FE_pilot:
The TA-152H and C models are the fastest propeller planes in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong... you forget MustangIII... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep its up there but you cant do much with it. Actually I dont think I have ever been shot down online by a plane armed with only 4 .50cals. Its amazing how much difference the addition of two guns make.

S!

VW-IceFire
07-23-2007, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubermoc916:
I have been playing off and on for over 6 years i think and i stopped playing around when pf came out. i just got the dvd set after losing my other ones in katrina. i was flying the dora and a5 mostly back then. dora was faster but i felt the a5 was a bit better turner.anyways i see there alot more planes now and i guessing flying models have changed. just want an update on the fw family. also is the dora still the fastest. i tested last night and i was diving at 900 speed and at 910 it would start falling apart. can any other plan keep up with that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrrmm...that was what...2005? So we've had 4.01 and all of those additions since then. I think things have never been better in terms of accuracy than now for the FW190 family of aircraft. They are certainly better in the areas where there were major problems but they still have their own quirks (as does any plane).

Overall flight model changes aside (those affect all aircraft) the FW190s are a tad bit less twitchy on the stall side of things, firepower is still extremely impressive no matter what options are available. Also the damage model no longer has the concrete effect but also doesn't suffer nearly as much from the slight damage to the wing causing massive reductions in speed either. The fuel tank draining in 4 minutes after a single light hit is also no longer an issue. So generally speaking things are pretty good.

The FW190D-9 is still one of the best fighters in the game bar none. We do have the Ta-152H and Ta-152C which are an interesting pair...the H is probably better than the C (which is very heavy - more of a destroyer type) and both can be better than the FW190D-9 at very high altitudes. The C is particularly fast and ranks amongst one of the fastest propeller driven aircraft of the game.

As far as dive speeds are concerned...only a few planes hold together much past 910kph. The P-47 can as can the MC.202 and MC.205. I think all of those break up at 1000kph.

You may also note that we now have a FW190A-5 with 1.65 ATA which is a "high boost" version of the regular A-5. I haven't found it to be significantly different but in certain situations at certain altitudes it might give you an edge.

The entire series definitely ranks as some of the best fighter and fighter-bombers you can fly in the game.

ubermoc916
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks alot for the info all. VW-IceFire you got it right on. i played pf on a friends pc before and the a5 was new and i liked it alot. but i think the dora is still better. Ta just doesnt have the control for the good bnz on the tnb planes as i would want (non full real where they see you coming) seems not much has changed. im stick with the dora and try out the ta one more time. Also i see alot still play that where around when i first started i was hoping zen would reply. he was damn good the few times i played in fr servers with him. after i brush up im be looking for a squad again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

T_O_A_D
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Zen is around, and I'll point him this way, along with Gunslinger.

I personaly Like the Dora the best myself out of this family of aircraft.

Eldude95
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> . We do have the Ta-152H and Ta-152C which are an interesting pair...the H is probably better than the C (which is very heavy - more of a destroyer type) and both can be better than the FW190D-9 at very high altitudes. The C is particularly fast and ranks amongst one of the fastest propeller driven aircraft of the game.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I just want to say one thing. The 152C would have gone into production bye Late 45-Early 46. Which means bye then the 262 would have been in full production so it could take out the fighters and bombers and the 152's with there X4s and high speed would quickly climb and intercept bombers. Then X4 them whitch means the 152 wouldnt be dogfighting new Russian and American fighters(P-51H,P-47N,MiG-9,etc) but taking out the bombers(B-29,B-17,B-24,Tu-4)

VW-IceFire
07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldude95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> . We do have the Ta-152H and Ta-152C which are an interesting pair...the H is probably better than the C (which is very heavy - more of a destroyer type) and both can be better than the FW190D-9 at very high altitudes. The C is particularly fast and ranks amongst one of the fastest propeller driven aircraft of the game.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I just want to say one thing. The 152C would have gone into production bye Late 45-Early 46. Which means bye then the 262 would have been in full production so it could take out the fighters and bombers and the 152's with there X4s and high speed would quickly climb and intercept bombers. Then X4 them whitch means the 152 wouldnt be dogfighting new Russian and American fighters(P-51H,P-47N,MiG-9,etc) but taking out the bombers(B-29,B-17,B-24,Tu-4) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Makes sense to me. I've flown the 152C as a fighter but you have to be a very strict boom and zoom pilot to make it work. When you do the results are spectacular as anything fighter sized melts facing that heavy firepower...but turning and being agile it doesn't do well.