PDA

View Full Version : The big twist

bladencrowd
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I hope that Ubisoft won't go for the whole "master betrays you" thing again, but if they made Da vinci be as close as family to Ezio, then maybe I'd be fine with it.

bladencrowd
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I hope that Ubisoft won't go for the whole "master betrays you" thing again, but if they made Da vinci be as close as family to Ezio, then maybe I'd be fine with it.

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
If twists were that predictable, there would be no point to the entire thing.

And Leonardo can't die, because he lives to a ripe old age.

However, it's a hard choice between 2 and 3, since #2 would be kind of cool, but 3 is so much cooler, like if the prostitutes, thieves and mercenaries turn out to be like secret traitor dudes.

Yes, secret traitor dudes.

drfeelgood8849
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
all too obvious.

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Patrice Desilets in an interview:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's this ongoing war between assassins and templars. That's the real Assassin's Creed story. And this war has being going on for a long time. I'm telling you. At the end of AC 2 you'll say, "Holy crap, I never saw it coming." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this suggests two things. First, obviously, we're not expected to be able to predict what's going to happen. Two, the twist will have something to do with Templars, which is also pretty obvious.

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Based on the effort put into keeping the plot hidden, the ending is going to be literally un-predictable until we get a better understanding of what the beginning plot is. Right now all we have confirmed is the "Quest for Vengeance". Pretty generic discription that will no doubt be fleshed out once the game is actually played. But until we do have a wider scope of the plot any guesses to the ending twist will be the same as what we've been told of the plot................ generic.

Raide
08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
You get beaten up by all of the Courtesans you have mistreated during the game.

caswallawn_2k7
08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
the twist is Raide stole the ending when he visited the production office so it ends even more quickly than AC1.

xSpottyZebrax
08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
The twist isn't necessarily going to be in Ezio's world it could be in Desmond's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif it would make sense if the twist was in the future this time since it was in the past last time, then again who knows. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

godsmack_darius
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
All the twists above are too original, In my opinion

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I guess I'll put in a farfetched twist. It turns out that Desmond isn't the main character but his descendant is actually reliving Desmond's memories of preventing Abstergo from taking over the world from an Animus in 2890 which is the year the Templars decide to have another go at it.

SWJS
08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I've got a twist. Desmond's parents are actually templars that kidnapped him as a baby and Vidic is his real father who kidnapped him back and made the entire ordeal look like he was the badguy because it would be too much of a shock for Desmond. Also, Lucy could secretly be Desmond's sister.

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I guess that makes some sense. It would explain why Vidic saved Lucy's life.

Grimm-X67
08-19-2009, 11:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
I guess I'll put in a farfetched twist. It turns out that Desmond isn't the main character but his descendant is actually reliving Desmond's memories of preventing Abstergo from taking over the world from an Animus in 2890 which is the year the Templars decide to have another go at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Grimm approves of this post, you've just been granted 10 extra years of life, congrats! XD

godsmack_darius
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Desmond and Lucy turn out to be Brother and sister :P

EscoBlades
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
You get beaten up by all of the Courtesans you have mistreated during the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one of your legendary weekends right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ryanHH
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Hay what your forgetting is that has been made a good point by the first post is that Davinci has lived to an old age

also your enemy cant be forgiven cos tbh he killed your farther

Davinci is a templar we already know because of books but Davinci being a templar in this game would be a stupid idea for ubisoft what would ruin the plot as man would agree

the best twist on your choices is and i quote "A newfound ally betrays you"

however i am not saying this is a good choice

reasons why it is a bad choice is because it being a newfound ally Ezio and the player would not have that emotional bond with the ally

my personal twist is that mario turns on you

i mean he teaches you how to fight perfect fighting skills

(reason to say "i have taught you everything you know you can not defeat me mwuahhahahah")

and he is the size of a fully grown bare and probabaly would strike like one aswellhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

good post there wondering what the plot maybe

thekyle0
08-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Remind me what book says Davinchi was a Templar. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Danvish
08-21-2009, 04:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Remind me what book says Davinchi was a Templar. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Cursed Da Vinchi code.
Can someone please assassinate Dan Brown so he won't make stupid people believe what he's writing is actually the truth?

Xanatos2007
08-21-2009, 04:27 AM
That's what Desmond's "action packed" part in ACII will be.

Danvish
08-21-2009, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
That's what Desmond's "action packed" part in ACII will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

alkarnur
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
Remind me what book says Davinchi was a Templar. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can someone please assassinate Dan Brown so he won't make stupid people believe what he's writing is actually the truth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In The DaVinci Code, DaVinci is a member of the Priory of Scion. The Templars are actually just the muscle, the military arm of the Priory, not the schemers. And if you didn't notice, the Priory is actually the good guys, they're the ones protecting the descendants of Jesus, while it's the council of shadows at the Vatican that are the bad guys.

Stormpen
08-22-2009, 12:43 AM
The Priory of Sion isn't a real organization! It was a fake one, and some french king spread rumors about it so his claim to the throne of France would be legitamate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Danvish
08-22-2009, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alkarnur:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

Can someone please assassinate Dan Brown so he won't make stupid people believe what he's writing is actually the truth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In The DaVinci Code, DaVinci is a member of the Priory of Scion. The Templars are actually just the muscle, the military arm of the Priory, not the schemers. And if you didn't notice, the Priory is actually the good guys, they're the ones protecting the descendants of Jesus, while it's the council of shadows at the Vatican that are the bad guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh.
Why telling me something I already know since obviously I've read the DaVinchi code?

What I WAS saying, is that thanks to that book, people actually believe Da Vinchi was a templar (maybe it's true, but wasn't proved by anyone).
Regardless if the templars are good or bad.

Account_Deleted
08-22-2009, 03:51 AM
your sworn enemy is acttuly a mysteriouse stranger ally..
^^ i prefer that added mysteriouse

thekyle0
08-22-2009, 11:45 AM
That's not really a twist. It's more of an theory. Besides, a twist is supposed to drive the story forward. What will Paula being an ancestor of Lucy do to help that? Is it supposed to be her motivation?

Lucy: I'm only helping the assassins because my ancestor did 600 years ago.

Danvish
08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Are we sure that WILL be a twist? or they just said we wouldn't have seen that coming.

I could be that Ezio just grow up wings and turn into a 20 foot high monster.. it doesn't mean it has to be a twist.

thekyle0
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Valid point, I had forgotten that I always expected a major revelation over a twist.

obliviondoll
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
The end of AC was a bit convoluted, and they're saying the end of AC2 will leave everyone surprised. I bet it's going to be a really predictable ending, because after all the buildup from the previous game and the hype surrounding the ending, the predictable finish will actually be the most unexpected.