PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Ultimate Edition download

Mirtma
05-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Did anybody downloaded this version (FB,ACE,PF,PE2)? Is it a DVD image (so that it could be archived easily)? Any problems with instalation? How big is file?

Mirtma
05-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, I'm downloading it right now. It seems that it will be 6 CD's... I made a mistake.. Now I have all original cd's (including IL2) & all downloaded (with PE2).. It should be DVD image...

TC_Stele
05-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I saw that too at the ubi shop. Too bad you can't order all of them on to DVDs, but backing them up that way should be alright, I guess. Let us know how it went.

horseback
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
The burning question is:

Is it a Boonty Box free install?

cheers

horseback

Mirtma
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Now I have all 6 files down. Together 2.5Gb. Five bin files and one exe (installer). So technical it is one click install. But all install windows are in French!!! OK, no problem to click next and find place to put game (I installed it in new dir, living my previous installation intact. But then come first error. I beilive that program could not read file FB_3DO01.sfs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/McMatt/INSTALL.jpg
I push retry, then (when it happend againt) Ignore. Installation finished, and put me before IL2 setup window. IN FRENCH!!! I start the game... All in French!!! When I bought it there were no option to select language... Well I try to start some track, error. This is (I beilive)that sfs file... Very disappointed...

Mirtma
05-15-2006, 04:14 AM
OK, I set language to english (tnx to this forum):

I've copy/Paste solution here:
In file conf.ini

Check to see if your locale line reads either

locale=
or
locale=us

This should take you back to english.

There are only two versions of IL2/ FB/ AEP/ PF. The first supports English, German, and French. The second supports Russian only.

Language is selected in the conf by the line locale=.
locale= or locale=us is English
locale=de is German
locale=fr is French

Now, I must do something about that error...

Taylortony
05-15-2006, 06:58 PM
good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I would have bought the DVD as it has dropped in price then just downloaded the PE2 add on............ that is one serious download you have going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mirtma
05-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I won! I've downloaded again first two packs, replased old ones and begin instalation again. Now it works. When installation is complete, I must change language (local=us) so there is in game language more familiar to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . I've burn all files on DVD (including my conf.ini file), uninstalled Boonty box. Game run fine. From UBI support I haven't recieved any help / answer...

crdreamcat
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Is there a way to get rid of Boonty Box so you do not have to use it to play the game? I just downloaded Ultimate and have to use Boonty to start the game.
I hope this board is still active also - been a long time sine I was here.
Thanks to all
BTW - what is the current version number???

WTE_Galway
07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by crdreamcat:
Is there a way to get rid of Boonty Box so you do not have to use it to play the game? I just downloaded Ultimate and have to use Boonty to start the game.
I hope this board is still active also - been a long time sine I was here.
Thanks to all
BTW - what is the current version number???

The ultimate edition is quite old.

For the current game the most complete version of the game in play is 1l2-1946.

Online ppl tend to play IL2-1946 patched up to 4.08m

Offline the tendency is to patch 1946 up to 4.09beta for the extra maps.

In addition many people (but not me) now use what are called "mods" for IL2-1946 to get expanded game play options.

danjama
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Where did you download "ultimate" from?

Tovey2012
12-30-2014, 12:27 PM
I have just bought an IL2 Sturmovik, Ultimate Edition to replace my old damaged Pacific Fighters. It seemed to download O.K. from the disc and there is a lot more options on the main menu but when I run the game I can't get out of cockpit mode to an operational exterior one. With my old game I pressed the F keys on my keyboard to toggle between different views but this new game doesn't respond to any of these keys. What can I do to rectify this?

Tovey2012
12-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I bought the IL2 Sturmovik, Ultimate Edition from the Amazon online shopping site as a sent packaged disc.

FoolTrottel
12-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Sounds like you are running a mission / campaign where the difficulty settings are preventing external views...

Start a mission, view/set difficulty settings, 'No External Views' should be off. Or, like not be 'On'.

Good Luck!

Bearcat99
01-30-2015, 11:26 PM
You really need to be running IL2 1946 (http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-Sturmovik-1946-PC/dp/B000N4JENW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422656728&sr=8-1&keywords=il2+1946)... Dirt cheap and maybe redundant since you now have what you have but it is the gateway for all the best that IL2 now has to offer.