PDA

View Full Version : Bug or did I do something wrong?

Jazz-Man
11-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I tried to create RN (FAA) markings for my squadron, RAF74, but they always turn up as the standard British type-C roundel, not the correct FAA markings.

I used rn as the country code, so what else might it be?

Jazz-Man
11-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I tried to create RN (FAA) markings for my squadron, RAF74, but they always turn up as the standard British type-C roundel, not the correct FAA markings.

I used rn as the country code, so what else might it be?

Jazz-Man
11-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Not a single response? Does no one make regiment files anymore ?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Jazz, never made them cause I don't know what you're talking about.

Jazz-Man
11-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Files you can write which allow you to create your own squadron markings.

For example, for our C Flight we use 4D <Roundel> <Letter> for ID.

The files allow you to tell the game which prefix letters to put on your planein front of the roundel, as well as to designate a squadron insignia to go on your nose.

There is a section in the 3.01m readme about it, but when I use RN to create a Royal Navy squadron, I get British roundels, not Royal Navy ones.

VW-IceFire
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
They aren't even Royal Navy ones...they are Royal Australian Airforce markings. But thats beside the point.

Not sure, I haven't tried to create a RN regiment. Odd that you are having trouble...

scootertgm
11-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Didn't the FAA use standard Type C roundels till late in the war, then switch to the blue and white? If so, due to the change only one type of roundel might be modeled. Probably the early war roundel.

antifreeze
11-25-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm confused.
The regiments talked about in the readMe are for making regiment BADGES, not aircraft decals and numbers. If you want to change the decals and numbers you have to go to extreme trouble to change the tga and mat files that are transposed onto the skin. The 'id = ZZ' line only works for Luftwaffe planes (I think), and even then it only works on some types of bombers, not fighters.

As far as I'm aware. But then again, you seem to know what you're talking about, so that's why I'm, well... confused.

But your post would be better answered in the paintschemes forum I think? Unless you have already discussed it there and have come here to get help from the team itself.

So why don't I just shut up and let you get on with it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
You have got Ace's 'Mat Manager' haven't you?