PDA

View Full Version : Messages from BDU - Some Help please

Rahvyn
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi all;

Just got the game a few days ago, and so far love it. The graphics are great, and nothing is more satisfying then sneaking up on an unsuspecting sap of a cargo hauler and blasting out of the water. I have read on the forums here about messages from BDU about convoys and task forces, but to date have never received one. In fact, I havent seen a convoy period. I have realism set pretty low until I get the hang of targeting with torpedoes, and I do get targets that appear on the map, the red squares, and I can usually find and sink these. But none of them have ever been a convoy, and I have actually havent gotten any messages from BDU unless I send a patrol report - and then they just say keep up the good work. I dont send contact reports, as I usually kill any contacts, so figured why send a report. Am I doing something wrong here? I am in the early 1940's, based in Keil with a VII sub. Do convoys begin appearing at a certain date? Or do I need to base somewhere else? Oh yeah, when I go on patrols, after the 24 hours in zone, I usually head to shipping lanes, and patrol around them. Thanks in advance.

Rahvyn

Rahvyn
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi all;

Just got the game a few days ago, and so far love it. The graphics are great, and nothing is more satisfying then sneaking up on an unsuspecting sap of a cargo hauler and blasting out of the water. I have read on the forums here about messages from BDU about convoys and task forces, but to date have never received one. In fact, I havent seen a convoy period. I have realism set pretty low until I get the hang of targeting with torpedoes, and I do get targets that appear on the map, the red squares, and I can usually find and sink these. But none of them have ever been a convoy, and I have actually havent gotten any messages from BDU unless I send a patrol report - and then they just say keep up the good work. I dont send contact reports, as I usually kill any contacts, so figured why send a report. Am I doing something wrong here? I am in the early 1940's, based in Keil with a VII sub. Do convoys begin appearing at a certain date? Or do I need to base somewhere else? Oh yeah, when I go on patrols, after the 24 hours in zone, I usually head to shipping lanes, and patrol around them. Thanks in advance.

Rahvyn

Mittelwaechter
04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
You're on the right track.

Wait until 41/42 and there will be some messages about convoys.

Nothing wrong with hunting at shipping lanes.
Patrol your ordered zone for the renown. After that it's on you to decide where to go. You are the KaLeun on your boat.

The messages and radio system in the game is poor. Maybe it will be adressed by a patch.

Rahvyn
04-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Ahh, ok, I feel better now, have something to look forward to. Thanks.

hobnail
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
You might also look at the contacts.cfg file.

You can increase (or decrease) the notify radius for single contacts and important (convoys & taskforces). I've restricted my small contacts to 30km and expanded important convoys to 6,500km to get better warning of convoy activity.