PDA

View Full Version : The Invincible

eWaster
11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I have now been playing for a week or so and have gotten very fimiliar with the controls in the game. I have also completed the game, and done basically everything there is to be done. Still, i find the fight mechanic very addictive and have not yet grown bored of it. So I tried making it more challenging. Trying to Dodge, miss Combo Kills etc. and fighting only using my Hidden Blade... but i am still completely invincible. No matter how advanced and complicated hard i make the fights, i will still win without losing one single bar of health/synchronization. Yes i could miss a Counter or stop holding the right trigger... but that would not be fun would it? Being challenged while doing my best is what i am seeking.

Now i would like to ask, if any of you guys have certain challenging fight methods for making a fight a little more challenging?

Feel free to compare ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

unnamedninja
11-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I've thought about it pretty hard, some areas are better for getting a decent fight than others. Damascus has groups of 5 guards wandering around, the two guys wearing the metal helmets are a bit harder than the turban guys. try picking a fight with those when there's some other guards nearby, or getting a big group to chase you and then turning to fight them.

Btw if you're trying to make combat harder by using the hidden blade to counter with then dont, the hidden blade only has lethal counters, some more difficult enemies need around 3 counters to kill them, with the hidden blade it kills them with one counter. You might get a challenge trying to kill about 20 or more hard enemies using the short blade, but most of the time the guards are just grunts, and there's a few higher ranked ones mixed in. Also you could try not using counters or combo kills, but it will still be easy if you're playing at an early part of the game.

So yeah, seek out harder enemies, they use guard breaks against you and can counter your moves, the average guards in the street, during the early parts of the game aren't a challenge.

edit: I'm actually fighting 5 of these metal helmet guys at the moment, with no counters and no combo kills it's very tough, you have to wait til they try a strong attack, and try and hit them first, sometimes you can get lucky and kill them in one hit.

eWaster
11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:
I've thought about it pretty hard, some areas are better for getting a decent fight than others. Damascus has groups of 5 guards wandering around, the two guys wearing the metal helmets are a bit harder than the turban guys. try picking a fight with those when there's some other guards nearby, or getting a big group to chase you and then turning to fight them.

Btw if you're trying to make combat harder by using the hidden blade to counter with then dont, the hidden blade only has lethal counters, some more difficult enemies need around 3 counters to kill them, with the hidden blade it kills them with one counter. You might get a challenge trying to kill about 20 or more hard enemies using the short blade, but most of the time the guards are just grunts, and there's a few higher ranked ones mixed in. Also you could try not using counters or combo kills, but it will still be easy if you're playing at an early part of the game.

So yeah, seek out harder enemies, they use guard breaks against you and can counter your moves, the average guards in the street, during the early parts of the game aren't a challenge.

edit: I'm actually fighting 5 of these metal helmet guys at the moment, with no counters and no combo kills it's very tough, you have to wait til they try a strong attack, and try and hit them first, sometimes you can get lucky and kill them in one hit.

At the moment, I believe I know everything there is to know about guards already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But thanks anyway. And yes wandering groups of patrolling guards is a good target. Especially when they have their swords out. That means that you can't plan your attack, and they will most likely surprise you.

Also, the Hidden Blade requires a little skill to precisely Counter with. That is why i choose to fight with it. But yes, every Counter is lethal and thats why countering with a sword or dagger is a bit more challenging in that way.

unnamedninja
11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok then try taking out those damascus guards without killing them, you're only allowed to use leg breaks. That's a serious challenge bordering on impossible because of all the guard breaks they use against you.

Boudro
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
go find all the templars in the city, gather em up, and fight them with your hands, one eye closed, a broken controller, and a crazy half-drunk screaming in your left ear with your dog knawing on your right one... tell me if its not challenging http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

eWaster
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Boudro:
go find all the templars in the city, gather em up, and fight them with your hands, one eye closed, a broken controller, and a crazy half-drunk screaming in your left ear with your dog knawing on your right one... tell me if its not challenging http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Killed all Templars, both of my controllers are fully working, I have no dog and neither do i have any drunks around me at the moment... i could play with an eye closed though. Hmm... then again, that wouldn't do much really.

eWaster
11-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Ok then try taking out those damascus guards without killing them, you're only allowed to use leg breaks. That's a serious challenge bordering on impossible because of all the guard breaks they use against you.

Excuse my stupidity and incompetence. But what is a 'leg break'?

unnamedninja
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
You have to counter a strong move and Altair will hit the enemy a couple of times, you press A while he does that and he will kick their knee in backwards.

Zaibuzan
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
WEll, may Seem Half Retarted, But turn your Controller Up-side down... Works well... Its like a brand new game!! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

dirtybird21
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM
The hidden blade actually makes fighting alot easier because every counter is a kill and counters are the easiest thing 2 do in the game... Theres a few things... Find a whole lot of the harder elite-like gaurds or there is a place near acre with a TON of people patroling everywhere and about 4 archer towers.. You'll know you're there when it looks like a huge camp and there is a this-is-sparta hole. Not really that hard besides all the archers but it gives you a pretty good feeling once you've killed everything lol. Also try bringing a few elite people 2 a dock because they can counter/counter-grab...

The_Werty66
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM

How do you do leg breaks? I do one every here and then with a combo kill, but, are they easy to do?

unnamedninja
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
I said in my other post how you do it.

Just wait for them to do a real slow attack at you and counter it, then start mashing the A button, or X if you're on PS3.

There is a knee break and neck break combo kill with the shortblade, but that's different.

MiniAssasin
11-22-2007, 12:13 AM
have you tried playing with no hud elements...map,health etc

then you rely on yourself to find and do everything.

robatubisoft
11-22-2007, 02:48 AM
eply

Use your fists.