PDA

View Full Version : Joystick not working

ZL2BMH
11-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Hello All.

I have just got my copy of IL2 Stormovik 1946 out of the closet, as I havn't played it for a number of years, and after wiping off the cobwebs and installing it I notice my joystick won't work with it. I can't recall if I had a joystick last time I played this really good game. I have checked the manual with out success, and I did find in the UI where there is provisions for a stick but this does not light up, can any person help me please.
Cheers,
zl2bmh.

Stiletto-
11-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Does your joystick show up and work correctly under devices in the windows control panel?

Tully__
11-04-2011, 05:35 AM
After checking Stiletto's suggestion to make sure your joystick is actually working:

If you plugged in the joystick after running IL2Setup or after starting the game it wont be recognised.
Some joysticks you may need to manually assign some of the controls before it will work. Axis assignments (ailerons, rudder, elevators, throttle etc) are in the HOTAS Control section of the controls setup screen, right at the bottom of the list.
If you can't assign any axes, exit the game and in the game folder find the file called conf.ini
Open using Notepad and find this section:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
locale=
JoyProfile=0</pre>[/list]
Make sure the line joyUse=1 is not set joyUse=0. It must be =1 for joystick to work.

ZL2BMH
11-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Hello,

I would like to thank you both for your replies, it is now working thank goodness. It was a fault within the stick.

Regards,
Jim.

dkb-sturm
03-03-2012, 12:24 AM
I have the same problem, I cannot get my logitech extreme 3d pro joystick to work at all. It is just not recognized by the program. It works fine in FSX and looks fine in Win 7 device manager but can't be configured at all in COD.

Tully__
03-03-2012, 04:58 AM
I have the same problem, I cannot get my logitech extreme 3d pro joystick to work at all. It is just not recognized by the program. It works fine in FSX and looks fine in Win 7 device manager but can't be configured at all in COD.
You might be better asking for help in the COD forum: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/24-1C-Maddox-Games
If you have a search in there, you may even find a thread that already addresses your issue.