PDA

View Full Version : Help with static camera's

ROTC4612
01-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey all,
I was using the full mmission builder today and i was wondering if its possible to place a static camera on a moving object. I know you can place em anywhere but can you place them on like a moving jeep and have it stay with it?

Thanks

ROTC4612
01-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey all,
I was using the full mmission builder today and i was wondering if its possible to place a static camera on a moving object. I know you can place em anywhere but can you place them on like a moving jeep and have it stay with it?

Thanks

Texas LongHorn
01-26-2005, 09:57 PM
ROTC, I don't think it is possible. I too have tried to link the static camera to a moving object, in my case a Battleship, and it's no joy. I hate to admit it, but I guess that's why they call them "static" cameras <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

nearmiss
01-26-2005, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROTC4612:
Hey all,

Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Static doesn't really define it's function very well. You can specify height of static cameras, place them where you want, but they always face EAST.

They can be turned manually when being used.

Static cameras can be moved just like any other object with the mouse. Cameras can be moved/dragged with the mouse in all directions with the mouse. Also the camera will be viewing as it is moved.

WTE_Dukayn
01-26-2005, 10:08 PM
While what nearmiss said is true, it's still not possible to have the camera follow a moving object unless you move the camera itself with the mouse as nearmiss described.