PDA

View Full Version : Oleg... please a new Hawaii map

fabianfred
11-26-2004, 07:30 PM
how about making the Hawaii map available as an online one with just the islands...

and also make the co-ordinates the same as for the big one..... this would enable any missions written for the big map to easily be transferred to the smaller one...

the reason i ask for this is because I know many people are interested in the Pearl harbor attack, and would like to either write a good mission, or play one

I have found that my old pearl mission written using one of the old on-line maps, has a large number of objects whizzing around, without much problem.....

whereas on the new big hawaii map far less going on has much more stutter....

i'm sure the big maps use a lot more resources, an most people aren't interested in flying over endless ocean in their limited playing time.....
some of us also have to work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

one more question....
when we open a new map and before we place any thing on it.... all the objects/buildings already there have been placed there by the map maker.... and they will carry their destruction forward when used in campaigns.
I f one of the mission builders in the community who has a particular interest in realism were to take all the stuff available in the FMB and create a really good accurate Pearl harbor scene.... would it then be difficult for a new map to be produced with all that stuff as default on the map ??

fabianfred
11-26-2004, 07:30 PM
how about making the Hawaii map available as an online one with just the islands...

and also make the co-ordinates the same as for the big one..... this would enable any missions written for the big map to easily be transferred to the smaller one...

the reason i ask for this is because I know many people are interested in the Pearl harbor attack, and would like to either write a good mission, or play one

I have found that my old pearl mission written using one of the old on-line maps, has a large number of objects whizzing around, without much problem.....

whereas on the new big hawaii map far less going on has much more stutter....

i'm sure the big maps use a lot more resources, an most people aren't interested in flying over endless ocean in their limited playing time.....
some of us also have to work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

one more question....
when we open a new map and before we place any thing on it.... all the objects/buildings already there have been placed there by the map maker.... and they will carry their destruction forward when used in campaigns.
I f one of the mission builders in the community who has a particular interest in realism were to take all the stuff available in the FMB and create a really good accurate Pearl harbor scene.... would it then be difficult for a new map to be produced with all that stuff as default on the map ??

TheGozr
11-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Pearl harbor greyish dark ground at base just look BAD..

fabianfred
11-27-2004, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGozr:
Pearl harbor greyish dark ground at base just look BAD.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

perhaps they read that hawaii is volcanic, with even some black beaches.....

from photos Ford island looks to be sand

WWMaxGunz
11-28-2004, 12:05 PM
I don't know where they got the topology from but the area around Wheeler, what I guess
must be Schofield, the back of the range from west of there to the North Shore and most
especially Kole-Kole Pass... wth happened? Is Scofield even shown? It was there, be
sure!!! Post is at 1000 ft alt or very close. And the pass is up above, a not terrible
wide notch in otherwise unbroken ridges with the army post not far and below in view.
From clear back in the north center of the plateau where the highway since runs through
pineapple fields you can see the pass and it is UP.
There looks to be one place it might be north of the great U shaped gap just a bit south
and much west of the Wheeler airstrip (what I now take for the pass on the map but it is
a deep, deep, wide U gap with the bottom way down low and a town east of it that I take
may be Schofield on this map, with no barracks quads, since there's no other development
north of it and some analogues to the place)... well anyway there is a notch north of the
highest peak and no Schofield or anything like it east of that but the valley west looks
closer than anything else there as right but it's all north of the should-be....
I haven't bothered with much of the rest... maybe there is some copyright infringement
possible to use topographic data of the real place? I am sure the contours haven't been
changed that much in centuries. The main buildings I know were there long before WWII.

We got what we got and I don't yell for change but it's not what I saw in my time there.
Too bad, I was looking to shoot up some parts I knew well.

Bremspropeller
11-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Well Kauai and Oahu are all covered with white/ yellow sand.

Have you realized that the map doesn't feature neither the Diamond Head, nor the Punchbowl ?

Seems that there'd better be some work redone.

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 03:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif NEED A SERIOUS REWORK..

fabianfred
11-29-2004, 06:50 PM
it seems hawaii is the biggest of all the PF maps too.....

definately causes stutter

WWMaxGunz
11-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Hawaii itself isn't even on that map. But it's not WWII-historically relevant.