PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Skies Charlie Cycle: Oct 22nd!

x__CRASH__x
10-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Ghost Skies Charlie Cycle will begin competition on October 22nd. If you are familiar with Ghost Skies, you should know that we have made some major changes to the league.

Settings are now standardized for all matches. The only negotiable setting is whether a team fights with the cockpit on, or with the HUD screen. Externals are locked, and limited icons will be used for all matches. This is in place to enhance the competitiveness of the league, while still keeping it fun and fresh.

The scoring formula has been changed as well. A less complex formula that is designed to even out the disparity between playing styles has been implemented.

Ghost Skies will be incorporating Pacific Fighters into the league as soon as it is released. We expect that we will be able to merge the two games into one league and be able to add to our already dynamic match types.

Ghost Skies provides variety, fun, and competition for all players. Please visit http://www.ghostskies.com for more info!

<S>

x__CRASH__x
10-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Ghost Skies Charlie Cycle will begin competition on October 22nd. If you are familiar with Ghost Skies, you should know that we have made some major changes to the league.

Settings are now standardized for all matches. The only negotiable setting is whether a team fights with the cockpit on, or with the HUD screen. Externals are locked, and limited icons will be used for all matches. This is in place to enhance the competitiveness of the league, while still keeping it fun and fresh.

The scoring formula has been changed as well. A less complex formula that is designed to even out the disparity between playing styles has been implemented.

Ghost Skies will be incorporating Pacific Fighters into the league as soon as it is released. We expect that we will be able to merge the two games into one league and be able to add to our already dynamic match types.

Ghost Skies provides variety, fun, and competition for all players. Please visit http://www.ghostskies.com for more info!

&lt;S&gt;

x__CRASH__x
10-17-2004, 01:30 PM
*bump

x__CRASH__x
10-18-2004, 02:35 AM
bump again

x__CRASH__x
10-18-2004, 01:35 PM
... and again. I know you love it.

R_Mutt
10-18-2004, 02:25 PM
ghostskies, what's that? I think I will learn more by clicking highlighted links. bump http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

x__CRASH__x
10-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Don't push me, or I will give you a ton more graphics work! :P

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

x__CRASH__x
10-20-2004, 11:00 AM
*bump

Snoop_Baron
10-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a very good change to the rules. Just wanted to let you know that your Rules page does not work on Firefox.

Snoop_Baron
10-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Have you considered using FBDaemon to keep track of planes and use that for scoring the matches?

Unfortunetly I probably will not participate due to lack of time. But I like how the rules are simpler now. But I would take it further and simplify the different game types.

s!

x__CRASH__x
10-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Simplify how? There are several game types, but they are in place to add variety when people want variety. If you have only one option at a time, people can get bored quickly.

Snoop_Baron
10-21-2004, 09:31 AM
I would use FBDaemon for score tracking instead of things like fighting 40 mins then landing for 5 mins. I would collapse the different EDF, MDF, LDF, BDF types into just one type. Just have different plane set maps available for competition and teams can pick any they want or submit new ones. Instead of naming the different types in the rules. Just a thought.

s!
Snoop

x__CRASH__x
10-21-2004, 02:33 PM
First, let me say thanks for your input. These ideas have been presented before.
We explored FBDaemon, and found it to be more complicated than we were wanted for a single match. It was too much to ask a host. Yes, it keeps track of all the stats, but for a quick DF match, it is not as user friendly as we hoped. That is why is was decided not to use it.
A single prop plane Battle Type would mean that in order to be competitive, teams would always fly the latest airplanes. So all matches would end up Late war anyway. By splitting, we give the option to ensure that all pilots will be kept in a certain year group, and therefore, you could fly other planes, have fun, and still be competitive.
The idea was presented that Ghost Skies should force a year set per week, like Fighter Sweeps had done. As of right now we haven't adopted that restriction because we want to keep options open in order to keep the game fun and still offer the variety the players have come to expect.

Snoop, :FI: left Ghost Skies before it got started. I hope that, even though we haven't adopted the ideas you presented, :FI: might still consider returning to competition.

&lt;S&gt;