PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Card



Oulush
03-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I am willing to upgrade my computer. Right now I have p2.4 1gb ram 80gb HDD and ati radeon 9600 128 mb ram.

At the moment I am not willing to change my modtherboard for PCI express slot. So that leaves me limited agp options. While I know what cpu-HDD I will get, I am unsure about graphics card. Could you help me out with some suggestions? I am willing to go up to 250$.

THank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bunkerratt
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
first of all it would help to know what type of mobo you have and what agp speeds it supports ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

TheRealWulfmann
03-05-2006, 11:58 AM
For less money you can but a PCIx VC and a new Mobo than the similar VC in AGP.
It makes no sense to stay with outdated technology when it is cheaper to upgrade.
A Sapphire ATI X850XT 256MB with 16 pipes is $169.00 at Newegg in PCIx. That leaves you with more than enough for that new MoBo!. That would double your VC performance over the AGP version of the same card, at least!
Wulfmann

Celeon999
03-05-2006, 12:05 PM
I have the same graphics card and the same update problem like you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


I think an Radeon x800 or x850 series card might be the right for you but be prepared that the AGP versions are a bit slower and although of that they are more expensive than the PCIe versions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ive choosen the more expensive way and buyed an PCIe card and motherboard.

TheFastFreddie
03-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I have a similar system to you but I upgraded to a X800 XT five or six months ago. I didn't see a huge change other than in heavy action there was no more slow down (water hitting periscope while looking at convoy). I'm going to wait till the end of the year when next Gen VC and processors hit the market. DX10 is the next step and with AMD coming with a new chipset in a few months I'm not wasting the money now. I wouldn't drop alot of money on it right now unless you're going to replace the processor because that will limit you somewhat.