11-27-2004, 04:25 PM
http://www.bm357.com/user/raven/pic/coolest_guy.gif

Enofinu
11-27-2004, 04:26 PM
=D

BM357_Raven
11-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Oleg Maddox,

From the entire Blazing Magnums 357th VFG, I want to extend our deepest gratitude‚‚ā¨ôs and let you know that those who rise up to insult you are not worth the time it takes you to reply.

Whenever you wonder why you bother to trudge onward when faced with such insults, just know this--that I have run into FAR MORE PEOPLE who are in AWE of your series than I have run into people who have bones to pick. Even those who claim to be disappointed still frequent your sim. Pretty ironic, I think.

Don't let the cry babies get you down, for they are only little runts who didn‚‚ā¨ôt get enough milk. Napoleonic complexes perhaps.

We're here Oleg Maddox! We're RIGHT HERE WITH YOU!

BM357_Hans
11-27-2004, 05:59 PM
To Oleg; While the game has a few minor glitches and or bugs,you are attending to those relatively fast,and the game is the best flight sim out there.To those who throw or sling insults at it,apparently dont know what they want,other than to gripe.You have done great work not only in creating the game but in its continual growth.Potential has yet to be seen.Keep up the good work .Please.

BM357_MobHit
11-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Oleg... the highest regards and deepest thanks for creating a game that we can all enjoy. Il2 has introduced many of us to this wonderful hobby. It has taught us much about history and helped forge online friedships and camraderie that we are all greatful for. Somehow it seems as though those that the few that complain seem to talk the loudest. The BM357 is intent on drowning out the noise of negativity and thanking you and your crew for all the hard work you put into this great game.

Hats off and a hearty "Thanks" to Oleg and his crew. /Salute

http://bm357.com/bm357logo2%20copy.gif

GT182
11-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Raven, well said about Oleg. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Couldn't have said it any better than you did mate. S!

Oleg... hats off to you and the 1C crew. Job well done! ~S!~

VW-IceFire
11-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I LIKE it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LEXX_Luthor
11-27-2004, 07:51 PM
What you do is just consider the diaper rashed posters as fake webboard posters from the losing Competition. Seems to work every time.

p1ngu666
11-27-2004, 07:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Willey
11-27-2004, 08:09 PM
You like Photoshop http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BM357_Hitcher
11-27-2004, 10:23 PM
If any thread in these forums deseves a BUMP, it is this one! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Non-constructive, whiney, know-it-all critics do not deserve to have access to this fine work!

Bearcat99
11-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Nice!!! I agree 150%... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NS38th_Aristaus
11-28-2004, 03:09 AM
WOW

I don't think google would like u manipulating their work like that lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/NS38th_Aristaeus/COMBAT%20FLIGHT%20SIM/googlesearch.jpg

edit: pic over-sized, left as link

BM357_ZoD
11-28-2004, 05:02 AM
here-here this is by far the best combat sim series ever it has the looks,realisum and flight dynamics.(eat that bill)

tsisqua
11-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Nothing has ever come close. Nothing has ever been more worth my money. Nothing has been installed on my machine that has brought me anywhere near the enjoyment.

I shall continue to be a loyal supporter.

<span class="ev_code_RED">GO OLEG!!!!!</span>

Tsisqua

fuser59
11-28-2004, 12:09 PM
I could'nt agree more CO., something tells me that Mr. Oleg Maddox has the same aspirations to the sim that we sharehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif We appreciate your dedication to the work Oleg, and THANK YOU!

ZG77_Nagual
11-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Here Here!

AlmightyTallest
11-28-2004, 05:03 PM
tsisqua had it right as far as I'm concerned:

"Nothing has ever come close. Nothing has ever been more worth my money. Nothing has been installed on my machine that has brought me anywhere near the enjoyment.

I shall continue to be a loyal supporter."

You got my vote as coolest person ever as well Oleg!! Keep up the amazing work that you've been doing.

BM357_RagingCat
11-29-2004, 10:20 AM
If anyone fails to see the passion Mr. Maddox exerts upon this Sim, he does not deserve to play it. So shut up with your whines.

The original IL2 was created to help the western world remember that it was Russia who, turn the tide of WWII, not Patton in Africa, not Ike in Normandy. Don't get me wrong, I have a deep appreciation for the lines of graves now occupy some large areas in France. But how much, as people who live in USA, or Britain or Canada get taught about the heroic struggles that Russian people put up against the Nazis?

Some of us might pride ourselves in knowing that Russia bore the highest casualty in WWII -- 20 million. But do you know why? Because the Russian soldiers, while ill equipped in the beginning of war, charged relentlessly against the German tanks and infantry that outnumbered them. They had to do it to buy time for the troops in the rear to assemble. On all fronts, frontline troops stalled the German advance with their very lives. It was not uncommon for some Russian divisions to disappear in whole from time to time. As the German troops finally reached Moscow, they were stopped cold.

Then it was Stallingrad. Yes, a brilliant manuveur by Gen. Zukov that encircled massive German troops, but joining the fight were students, old men, factory workers and such. It was a fight for their lives. The total destruction of 330,000 elite German troops came at a price that is only dwindled by the mere presentation of statistics. It would've shaken your soul if you were there.

The point is this: you are not gonna get another man who has more passion in telling a history by creating a Flight Sim. Mr. Maddox is it. And to me, this was never a Sim. It is me, reliving that history, to find a connection with the fallen, and that, is very real.

To you, Mr. Maddox.
BM357_RagingCat

MEAKO
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
A great sim from a great man/team. To all the whiners go whine at the people who delivered us B17II a great game that was rushed out with the multiplayer left out and one post release patch, and then see what oleg and his team have done for us numerous patches to improve the game and add lots of FREE additional aircraft.

NS38th_Aristaus
11-29-2004, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BM357_RagingCat:
If anyone fails to see the passion Mr. Maddox exerts upon this Sim, he does not deserve to play it. So shut up with your whines.

The original IL2 was created to help the western world remember that it was Russia who, turn the tide of WWII, not Patton in Africa, not Ike in Normandy. Don't get me wrong, I have a deep appreciation for the lines of graves now cover some large area in France. But how much, as people who live in USA, or Britain or Canada get taught about the heroic struggles that Russian people put up against the Nazis?

Some of us might pride ourselves in knowing that Russia bore the highest casualty in WWII -- 20 million. But do you know why? Because the Russian soldiers, while ill equipped in the beginning of war, charged relentlessly against the German tanks and infantry that outnumbered them. They had to do it to buy time for the troops in the rear to assemble. On all fronts, frontline troops stalled the Germans with their very lives. It was not uncommon for some Russian divisions to disappear in whole from time to time. As the German troops finally reached Moscow, they were stopped cold.

Then it was Stallingrad. Yes, a brilliant manuveur by Gen. Zukov that encircled massive German troops, but joining the fight were students, old men, factory workers and such. It was a fight for their lives. The total destruction of 330,000 German elite troops came at a price that is only dwindled by the mere presentation of statistics. It would've shaken your soul if you were there.

The point is this: you are not gonna get another man who has more passion in telling a history by creating a Flight Sim. Mr. Maddox is it. And to me, this was never a Sim. It is me, reliving that history, to find a connection with the fallen, and that, is very real.

To you, Mr. Maddox.
BM357_RagingCat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first thing u need to do is review a little history.
The SOVIETS "not Russians" were fighting for their survival because they were betrayed by their ally "Germany" as a member of the axis.
The Soviet Union had a non-agression pact with Nazi Germany because they knew that their military was not prepared to fight the Germans, since they had purged thier officer corps.
After the fall of Poland Soviet troops entered Poland to claim their share of the prize. <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>Pictures were taken showing German and Soviet troops shakeing hands where the two armies met.
While the Soviets were at it they invaded Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuana as part of their agreement with Germany.
The Soviets also tried to invade Finland but failed.
After the German invasion Stalin was on the verge of ordering the surrender of the Soviet army, giving up Moscow to Germany in the deal when the Whermacht arrived at the outskirts of that city. It was not the Soviet army that halted the Whermacht but Hitler. Hitler wanted a political vic not a military one. So he ordered ARMY GROUP CENTER devided, sending part of that army to ARMY GROUP NORTH to assist in the destruction of LENINGRAD while ARMY GROUP SOUTH was charged with the capture of Stalingrad. In the end it was the Soviet winter of 41-42 that set the German army back from which they could not recover, not the Soviet army.
Meanwhile the soviets were being fed and armed by the allies with badley needed supplies, supplies they could not afford to do without. Allot of Allied sailors died feeding the Communists.
When you get down to it the Soviets were fighting for themselves not the West, and once the Germans were defeated they turned their eyes to Western Europe with the intent of conquest.
The SOVIET UNIONS crimes against humanity are as terrible and disgusting as any commited by the NAZIES. To glorify them is wrong.
I don't think Oleg means to do that with this sim, it is ment to let flight simmers expearence another part of WWII history.

BM357_RagingCat
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Aristaeus:

Many facts you stated are true, that's exactly why I DID'T say the SOVIETS, I used the word "Russians". If the Soviets were betrayed by Germany, it was the Russian people who were betrayed by Stallin. In the end, it was the Russian people, in uniform or not, stared down the barrels of German war machine, perished facing west. If you think I should brush up on history, you should know more about the Russians as a people. If Stallin had ordered surrender, he would have been crucified, in flesh or in history. Perhaps it's why he didn't make that choice.

Yes, I know about the purges, very well actually. It only adds to the degree of difficulty the Russian people had to endure.

With the time bought by many young soldier's lives, Russia moved almost its entire industry eastward. It can not be done by the already streched-out military. It was done by the Russian people. That industry survived, and kept the Red Army in the war.

Aristaeus, I don't disagree with the many facts about Stallin. But let's agree that the Russian people caught the short end of the stick because of Stallin and his ambitions. The world today remembers Normandy, battle of Britain and Bulge and Mongomery's advance in Africa, but few in comparison remember the bitter meat grinding that took place in Russia. By the time Normandy took place, the Red Army had already pushed the Germans out of the country and well on its way for counter-offensive.

The ensuing political events put the Russian people on the other side of the wall, along with the millions of fresh graves. I do not feel erred to glorify them as a people. I will always, glorify them as a people.

Sincerely
BM357_RagingCat

BM357_Raven
11-29-2004, 11:48 PM
The CCCP is gone now, but we shouldn't fail to remember the people. Often people *are* the regime, but also regimes can oppress the people they govern. I think maybe RagingCat is pointing to the people-side of the conflict rather than the regime-side. People suffered and died. Men, women and children.

As a side note, I was in the Soviet Union about the time that it was being disolved. I met a lot of remarkable and robust people in Moscow, St Petersburg, Kiev, and even Irkutsk in Siberia. I wanted to learn about "the other side;" the side that had been the enemy of NATO for so long.

I found the people I met to be some of the most genuine and intresting people I have met in the world.

I was as curious about them in their world as they were of me and mine. I drank more Vodka in Russia than I can remember. We sang and drank and ate until dawn. I met families and their friends and everyone welcomed me warmly.

In Tbilisi, in Georgia, (Stalin was Georgian), I met some people I will never forget, as well. They gave me a feast and we drank Georgian wine and champagne into the late hours. Hard to believe an assasin of humanity could have come from such a place. But the people I met were the antithesis of Stalin.

Many of the people I met were the children and grandchildren of the men and women who endured punishing defeats and despair at the hands of two murderous dictators--Hitler and Stalin. That certainly does not make them bad people even though they were part of the Soviet Union... I am sure you did not mean this in your argument, but I wanted to say it nonetheless.

Amazing... It was not that long ago and yet I still can't fathom how easily something like WWII could occur. Is it possible to see something like this in our lifetime? Can the moral side of humanity fade on such a grand scale ever again? I hope not. But I can't imagine humanity is even nearly out of the thickets...as much as I'd like to be a meliorist.

At any rate, I am glad I went there as an American to see for myself. As an American, I love my country, not for it's government inasmuch as the fact that this is my home where I have land, family and friends.

Yet how many people saw us as evil during WWII? How many people see us as evil today? In some ways a nation is its people. In other ways people are the instruments of nations...

S~

AlmightyTallest
11-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Wow,... Raven, wonderful post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rab03
11-30-2004, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
Nothing has ever come close. Nothing has ever been more worth my money. Nothing has been installed on my machine that has brought me anywhere near the enjoyment.

I shall continue to be a loyal supporter.

_<span class="ev_code_RED">GO OLEG!!!!!</span>_

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took words from my mouth.

One addition: Nothing, and I mean nothing on my PC has a status of a permament resident, except Il-2.

BM357_RagingCat
11-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Raven, I am really curious to see how Mr. Maddox would say about your post. You know, if he starts to share some of his life stories, I'd drop everything and go sit with him by the fire place. Russia is an amazing place with amazing people and culture, and it was never left out of a turmoil on the historical stage.

Oh well, I hope Mr. Maddox would read this and perhaps drops us a few lines.

Solute!
BM357_RagingCat