PDA

View Full Version : Hard Freeze on The Outgunned mission

a3boy2002
04-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone, it seems that no one ever encountered this problem before and i am the only one that encountered it, after searching far and wide through the net as well. So here is the situation: after burning the blueprint, i am unable to continue, to move, to turn and do anything even my computer froze as well that caused me to do a hard restart.

I have tried re-install the game and everything... but the problem still persist. Is it possible that i have corrupted save?

shop3B83F7E71
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I have the same (or very similar) problem. My PS3 hangs / freezes on the Outgunned mission in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

I started having some weird issues with this mission where the audio would mysteriously stop working midway through and then if I failed the mission ("desynchronized"), the screen would go the game's white loading screen, but the diamond had an exclamation point(!) and then would hang. Attempting to quit the game or shut down the PS3 would cause a hard freeze (I had to flip the hardware switch in the back).

I managed to get to the point where I destroy the blueprint and blow-up the powder-kegs. The game then switches to the horse chase. However, after galloping a short distance the entire game freezes (except, curiosly, for the horse's tail -- which floats to the ground). At this point, I'm in the same un-quittable state as before.

A friend of mine ran into the same issue. We're running the game off the disc and have all the latest updates installed. Restarting doesn't seem worthwhil since others have clearly run into this issue (and it's likely it'll just happen again).

Has anyone else run into this? What can be done to get around this problem?

Thanks.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Well reviving old topics is against the rules, but I'll answer anyways. From the looks of it the game seems to be attempting to load something (a cutscene or an area maybe), but is for some reason either taking an unusually large amount of time or is simply unable to. This suggests that your disk might have been damaged or the save file has become corrupted.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Sometimes my game randomly freezes but i believe these are FPS drops but why do these happen?

woowu
11-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
Sometimes my game randomly freezes but i believe these are FPS drops but why do these happen?

Because Ubisoft is unable to fix technical problems and they are common since the first AC game. Hard freezes are something expected when playing AC (except ACB which only has minor FPS freezes). Maybe someday they will understand...

LordWolv
11-02-2011, 01:35 AM
This also happened to me - In my situation, it was corrupt save data. I left the mission, and when I played through a second time the mission did not freeze.