PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed on the PSP NGP/2

BioPulse.ps3
01-28-2011, 01:43 AM
So i played a bit of AC Bloodlines on the psp, but to be honest as much as story may have been interesting the visuals were... acceptable. If you've seen the new psp ngp/2 videos you know that games like uncharted, killzone, resistance, mgs will be available on the device, showing the impressive visuals. my question is when will we see a new ac psp ngp game... obviously no announcement has been made but we can still brainstorm about it.

Masta_Pain
01-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Who knows, it might be that "big Assassin's Creed game in 2011" they were talking about. I know i'm getting that beast day one.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 02:34 AM
it is possible, but there is still a lot of info needs releasing on the new hand held, also I'm betting it will launch at E3 at the earliest (like most Sony hardware)

as for the 2011 game I would put more money on a 3DS game as the 3DS is due out in March.

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm pretty sure there's going to be at least a game of each series released on the PSP2, seeing as it's a new 'platform'.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 05:24 AM
they probably will, but if you take into account the price of a PS3 and this having supposedly the same power in a hand held, the launch price is going to be high meaning uptake will be slow.

this is why I don't think it will be the game this year if anything it will probably come with AC3 in 2012 (could even be the full game if the performance details are true and the fact it will probably use a similar base code to the PS3/PSP meaning porting should be easier)

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 05:33 AM
I've got hopes that it will cost around 220 - 300. I believe Sony knows it will fail if they sell it way too high.

BioPulse.ps3
01-28-2011, 05:45 AM
yeah i'm hoping for a sub 300 Euro, that's the max i'm willing to pay. but i still need to see what games will be available at launch cause i may still hold off until an ac for psp2 is announced.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 05:46 AM
if you look at the 3DS it is launching at about 220 and the new Sony handheld is a lot more advanced, if it is going to be in line with anything on pricing I would be more looking at the price of a Ipad so I think it will be the 400+ mark.

it is a lot of new high end tech so it's always going to come at a high premium, OLED isn't cheap before you take into account they have made a quad core CPU for it that needs next to no cooling and a GPU that can keep up with the PS3 on power but is much smaller and much more energy and heat efficient so they really are pushing it a long way if they can keep the price low.

BioPulse.ps3
01-28-2011, 06:13 AM
well there is going to be a wifi only version, that will be cheaper. also reading caswallawn's previous comment, quad core cpu and a powerful gpu, what's the battery gonna be on this thing???

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 06:18 AM
If I'm buying it I'd rather buy the whole real thing.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 06:24 AM
if they have put as much into the battery as the rest of the hardware it is possible it could have a decent battery life.

but even with wifi only adding a 3G receiver doesn't ad much to the production price as it will still only work the same, as 3G or not it will still have no phone features, this is another reason I think it is more aimed at taking on the Ipad/touch rather than the 3DS.

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 06:30 AM
reason I think it is more aimed at taking on the Ipad/touch
Weren't they developing a Playstation Phone or sort of for that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Phone

Since both the 3DS and PSP2 are called NGP, I'd say it is aimed to take on the 3DS.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">reason I think it is more aimed at taking on the Ipad/touch
Weren't they developing a Playstation Phone or sort of for that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Phone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they still are releasing a phone with a flip out pad based on the playstation keyset, it's based on android and if you saw the info other than the PSP2 at that event they are releasing a playstation platform for all android handsets.

but the Ipad is something very different to the Iphone and a totally different market.

Masta_Pain
01-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
if you look at the 3DS it is launching at about 220 and the new Sony handheld is a lot more advanced, if it is going to be in line with anything on pricing I would be more looking at the price of a Ipad so I think it will be the 400+ mark.

it is a lot of new high end tech so it's always going to come at a high premium, OLED isn't cheap before you take into account they have made a quad core CPU for it that needs next to no cooling and a GPU that can keep up with the PS3 on power but is much smaller and much more energy and heat efficient so they really are pushing it a long way if they can keep the price low. The 3DS is way overpriced in the UK though, because Nintendo let the retailers decide the RRP. If Sony decides the RRP (recommended retail price) then it will most likely be lower, it could end up being cheaper than the 3DS in the UK but slightly more expensive in the US.

Elatreus
01-28-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm certain Sony will initially sell PSP2 at loss as they did with the PS3 at the start.

I reckon it will be priced similar to what a PS3 currently sells for, and a bit over what the 3ds will cost.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
220 is the RRP in the UK, that is why some stores are selling it for 200.

but even so for Sony to get that to under 300 they are going to be making a massive losses based on similar tech (not that any mobile device even comes close at the moment)

also found details on the game storage and they are copying Nintendo, games release on flash cart's (with the option for larger carts in the future if devs need it) with games saves and DLC being able to save to the game cartridge.

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 08:56 AM
also found details on the game storage and they are copying Nintendo, games release on flash cart's (with the option for larger carts in the future if devs need it) with games saves and DLC being able to save to the game cartridge.
Does that mean you'll still be able to remove and insert the games? (Seeing that they're being released in carts)

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 09:01 AM
will be the same as the PSP but a card instead of a UMD by the sound of it and since it is a cart you can also store data on it. so looks like they are going down the same path as Nintendo on game media, where instead of forcing people to make the decision of what to keep saved and what to get rid of everything for the game goes on the game cart, freeing up internal memory for other things. (MP3's pictures and such)

persiateddy95
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM
It kinda pleases me more now...

And I've just watched the PSP2 videos, and that touch pad on the back, I was like, WTF? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif It seems so akward...

And was that a new Uncharted or PS3's Uncharted? If it is the same, that would mean it could play PS3 games.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
in theory if they use the same coding language as the PS3 and the power if a match for the PS3 porting wouldn't be too hard, they would probably just need a couple of work around's to work with the mobile chips instead of the PS3 ones.

also your other problem is the storage on the carts but if you think a micro SD can store about 32gig (the new type of SD cards coming could do up to about 2tb) so since Sony is one of the firms who do memory it is very possible they could have the same size or bigger media than the PS3.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a feeling they probably will make something for it or I really hope they do because I think the psp2 is going to be big assuming it doesn't cost 8 billion dollars. If Ubisoft is still making games for the piece of crap ds and iphone then they will def make something eventually for the NGP/psp2

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 11:13 AM
they make games for the DS and Iphone because a low budget can make what is classed as a high end game on those systems, the more complex a system is the more it costs to make games for it so unless they know the return is there they wont bother with the more complex system.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 05:22 PM
seen some more facts on the PSP2,

both the CPU and GPU are British made and are both quad core

Sony has said the price of the PSP2 will be less than the PS3 launch price of $599, so it could be anything up to that

and the CPU that is in it is done by a firm who works on energy efficient hardware and Sony is claiming a 4-6 hour battery life.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
That's not really a good sign because I don't see people wanting to shell out even 400 bucks for a handheld device even though it is super awesome and I really want one I am not paying more than 300 for it. But anyway I am sure Ubisoft will make something since they already made a pretty awesome looking Uncharted game for it. I wish this thing had existed when Bloodlines came out.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
also one I forgot to say Sony is only committing to saying they will have it out in one region before Xmas, so Europe and America most likely wont see it this year since Japan normally takes priority.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
well I guess that gives us more time to save up the 8 million dollars it will probably end up costing.

austin128
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Here's my idea with the NGP.
Since there are so many spin-off games they could do in the AC universe, since the NGP is not too much weaker graphically then the PS3, they could make spin-off games for the NGP, and sell them at a $10 discount from the regular $60 on the PS3 and 360.

persiateddy95
01-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Sony has said the price of the PSP2 will be less than the PS3 launch price of $599, so it could be anything up to that
Well, at least it won't be as expensive as the PS3.

and the CPU that is in it is done by a firm who works on energy efficient hardware and Sony is claiming a 4-6 hour battery life.

Isn't that a bit less than the current PSP?

caswallawn_2k7
01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
probably about the same if you run the original PSP at 333mhz (Sony under clocked to make it last longer)

BioPulse.ps3
01-29-2011, 11:39 AM
i dont think you would be able to turn off the 3g radio like you do with wifi right? that 3g could sip some battery life, just a little but still something.

caswallawn_2k7
01-29-2011, 04:31 PM
you can turn off 3G in most mobile phones (through the settings) and assuming Sony is planing on this being an entertainment device, the would really need to put in a way to allow it's use on flight (this is why most phones have a flight mode that disables all radio transmission)

so assuming they would ad in that feature it would save you battery life depending how the 3G radio is setup. chances are since it has no phone features and is only used for internet and such it could be passive (since a permanent connection is only required so you can receive calls and such from the tower) and only active when you try to connect to the internet or online gaming as in a passive mode it would know it only needed to receive when you requested data.

BioPulse.ps3
01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
yes that makes sense, and for a moment i completely forgot about airplane mode on phones. so apart form the small price difference between the wifi only and wifi & 3g models, it all falls on whether you are willing to pay for 3g or not.

i'm still undecided between the two, i guess i'll seen when the thing comes out.

persiateddy95
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I've found a pic of a white version.

http://www.sedentario.org/wp-c...-hands-1-480x252.jpg (http://www.sedentario.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/psp2-ngp-rm-eng-hands-1-480x252.jpg)