PDA

View Full Version : has any 1 noticed the new .50s :)

fordfan25
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
the tracer fire is a little brighter and last longer.

fordfan25
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
the tracer fire is a little brighter and last longer.

TX-WarHawk
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Cool, are you sure? Comparison pics available?

VW-IceFire
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
the tracer fire is a little brighter and last longer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah...its very subtle but there. They still are hard to see...but less so.

fordfan25
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
yes i would like them to be a little easyer to see.but thay now last the entire travel of the round. i can fire the in Lv flight at low alt and watch them as thay loose speed and hit the ground http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

clint-ruin
11-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm seeing some weirdness with the .50 tracers lately, occasionally - especially against the water at low alt - the nearest .50 tracer graphics seem to lose their alpha value and get drawn as deep red with a thick black outline.

VW-IceFire
11-01-2004, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:
I'm seeing some weirdness with the .50 tracers lately, occasionally - especially against the water at low alt - the nearest .50 tracer graphics seem to lose their alpha value and get drawn as deep red with a thick black outline. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me too...but that also applies to distant muzzle flashes from ships and AAA fire as well.

Very strange.

TX-EcoDragon
11-02-2004, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:
I'm seeing some weirdness with the .50 tracers lately, occasionally - especially against the water at low alt - the nearest .50 tracer graphics seem to lose their alpha value and get drawn as deep red with a thick black outline. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me too...but that also applies to distant muzzle flashes from ships and AAA fire as well.

Very strange. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me three. . . it's pretty ugly. I have also seen this on aircraft with illuminated position lights.

clint-ruin
11-02-2004, 02:04 PM
One way I seem to be able to bring this effect out - do a crash ditch in the A-20 into the sea, switch to the bottom gunner position, and fire off a few rounds - starts to happen to the muzzle flash graphic from your turret gun after a few shots.

Marek_Steele
11-02-2004, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX-EcoDragon:
Me three. . . it's pretty ugly. I have also seen this on aircraft with illuminated position lights. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you switch cockpit off and pan, you'll get those black countours on lights too.

That effect happens a lot in even when looking at muzzle flashes in wings from inside.

VF-29_Sandman
11-02-2004, 02:38 PM
drop pf into aep and watch both ur tracer color and fps drop like a 250kg bomb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif