PDA

View Full Version : Firewalls

atomicali
01-26-2005, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know what ports I have to allow and what firewall settings I need to host a game on ubi.com?
I can join games but if I host no-one else can join.
Running XP SP2 with ZA pro firewall (XP firewall is off).

atomicali
01-26-2005, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know what ports I have to allow and what firewall settings I need to host a game on ubi.com?
I can join games but if I host no-one else can join.
Running XP SP2 with ZA pro firewall (XP firewall is off).

strelnik_Sipi
01-26-2005, 04:23 AM
No idea about the ports but if you got a router then u cant host on that UBIthingie

atomicali
01-26-2005, 04:36 AM
No router, just the ISDN modem :-(

lucas_valentine
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
I host on UBI sometimes, I use the basic XP firewall and I have ports 21000 UDP and TCP open, 21010 UDP and TCP open and 43500 TCP and UDP open. Hope this helps! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

atomicali
01-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Thanks lucas will try it tommorow night Aus time.

indylavi
01-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Make sure you've told ZA to allow the game to access the net. To check go into ZA, hit program control, then click the programs tab at the top, a list of Programs will come up, scroll down until you see PF.EXE.
If you don't see PF.exe in your program menu click the add button at the bottom and then find the folder it's in and add in it.

In the access bracket you should have Trusted and Internet. Make sure there is a green check mark in both of those. If not left click and choose allow. Then you have two more brackets called Server and then Trusted and Internet. Make sure they have green check marks. After that it should work

atomicali
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks indylavi.
Ye I already have all that, for PF.exe, il2.exe and il2fb.exe.
I can join a game ok, just no one can join a game I create on ubi.com

RAF_Pagan
01-26-2005, 05:19 PM
atomicalli, I had the same problem with my DLS modem as you. Allowing the XP firewall to access the FB ports got me into games but I couldn't host. DLS modems act like routers, and I guess ISDN modems do to. You have to get to the modem control panel to open the 21000 UDP ports. This is usually accessed by typing a URL like 168.193.0.1 into your web browser. The problem is the procedures vary by modem type, and ISP tech support either won't help with port forwarding or just plain don't have a clue. I found this site (http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm)helped me get my modem set up and allowed me to host games.

atomicali
01-26-2005, 05:46 PM
As far as I am aware the NT1PlusII does not do any routing but I will check ou that site. Thanks