PDA

View Full Version : Gun Sight off center

Jxands
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm new to the game, thanks in advance for your help.

I have a problem with cross-hairs not lined up in the planes that have off-center gun sights. The cross-hairs themselves are centered so I only see half of the cross-hair if the gun sight is off to the right. All other cockpit graphics are correct so I dont think its a video problem.

I've also tried manually adjusting the gun sight controls with zero effect.

Any thoughts?

XyZspineZyX
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Shift+F1.

Took me a while to figure it out too.

major_setback
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
The gunsight in the real aircraf twas off-centre. Pressing shft+F1 moves your viewing point to the gunsight - gunsight view. You will notice it alters how much you can see behind you too, as you are now leaning foreward.

Jxands
05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Ah, thank you. Do most people fly in this position then? Seem's I'll have to get used to the new zoomed in look.

Korolov1986
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd say most people do - on a lot of planes the gunsight view isn't too different from the standard view.

horseback
05-21-2007, 02:07 PM
The 'Toggle Gunsight' command moves your point of view forward as though you are leaning forward (and sometimes forward and to the right)to aim.

In most cases, it's a simulated shift of 10 inches or about 25cm forward or back. This is useful in air combat because it allows you to see around the canopy framing to a degree, and helps you keep your opponent in view. Note that in the 'back' position that the gunsight's crosshairs tend to move about a bit with the G-forces, so it's not the preferred setting when you're taking your shot.

I find it sufficiently useful that I have bound it on my joystick, next to the 'Toggle Field of View' button.

cheers

horseback

na85
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I flick in and out of Gunsight View all the time, it helps me keep track of dots by "moving" the canopy struts out of the way. I use Shift+F1 so much that I bound it to my joystick

DKoor
05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jxands:
I have a problem with cross-hairs not lined up in the planes that have off-center gun sights. The cross-hairs themselves are centered so I only see half of the cross-hair if the gun sight is off to the right. All other cockpit graphics are correct so I dont think its a video problem.

I've also tried manually adjusting the gun sight controls with zero effect.

Any thoughts? Check this out: manual.
You'll find many more useful things there too... download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) and start browsing thru that document.

Thing is it's excellent!

And as a bonus you don't even have to read the whole thing, just hit CTRL+F once you opened the document and just enter the keyword for your search.

In this case, I entered word "gunsight" and the document returned this:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/Bombsight.jpg
Another excellent document Controls (also PDF document), which is even more helpful (in this regard) returned this:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/Controls1.jpg
Happy browsing!

BTW thing that isn't in manual is CTRL+D thing which you'll most definitely need while in Ki-27/43, D3A, SBD-3, F2A.... cockpits.

Scorpion.233
05-22-2007, 06:08 AM
What was the use IRL for the gunsight being off center anyway?

Deadmeat313
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Supposedly it was aligned better with your "shooting eye".

T.

JG53Frankyboy
05-22-2007, 06:24 AM
because one "normaly" aimes with his right eye.............

you remember Nic Cage in his AH-64 movie - driving a Hummer with a "scope" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

btw, i have the toggle gunssight view maped on my joystick - im doing it all the time, because often the rearview changes a lot in both positions !

JG53Frankyboy
05-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:

BTW thing that isn't in manual is CTRL+D thing which you'll most definitely need while in ............... SBD-3, F2A.... cockpits.

not realy in this two http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif