PDA

View Full Version : Why you should never fight the last battle.

jcody
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
1.) If you do not fight the last battle, you can continue from the bureau of any city you want after traveling there.

2.) You do not have to watch a cutscene when you want to free roam, and you retain all of your best weapons.

3.) You can still replay memory blocks as if you actually did finish the game.

I started a new game with no intention of fighting the last battle. You guys should do the same if you like free roaming throughout the game's enviroment.

Kid_Phazon
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll try that. Gunna hafta start a new game again. though...

SpyderNynja
12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Kid_Phazon:
I'll try that. Gunna hafta start a new game again. though...

yeah me too, and it'll be the third time i played though the game (technically second but before my xbox broke, i was up to jubair, so i count that)

stix489
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Does this really work? if so then I have this to say:...OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

jcody
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeap, and i'm getting all of the view points, saved citizens, and investigations before each assassinations this go round. After i'm finished the game besides the last fight, i'm going to free roam like crazy, getting templars and flags, and killing people.

In fact, the only reason to actually finish the game is the no penalty for killing civilians, which is little (if any) pay off.

Kid_Phazon
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
I use that to kill the sick people and the beggers

Schenker93
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought u could still go back into the animus and freeroam from memory block 6? (after you beat the last boss)

PS No I haven't beaten it yet I'm at Robert de Sable (Arsuf) and I'm trying to get everything my first-time through.

Kid_Phazon
12-30-2007, 08:56 PM
You can go back, but you have to play it through just like starting a new game with all the talking...

jcody
12-30-2007, 08:58 PM
You can go back, but you have to play it through just like starting a new game with all the talking...

Exactly. If you want to collect a single flag from acre, then you are starting from masayaf after a 5 minute cutscene with al mualim, period.

Doesn't work well for those of us who just want to jump in and play for 15 min.

Schenker93
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
So basically once you beat the last boss (btw I know who it is), every memory resets?

jcody
12-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Schenker93:
So basically once you beat the last boss (btw I know who it is), every memory resets?

Well, it doesn't "reset" so to speak, but you have to start from the beginning of a memory block every time.

For example, if you want to free roam, you have to start from block 6 (which is before you fight the last battle anyways..) and watch a cutscene with al mualim then start from masyaf, every single time you play.

Schenker93
12-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jcody:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schenker93:

Well, it doesn't "reset" so to speak, but you have to start from the beginning of a memory block every time.

For example, if you want to free roam, you have to start from block 6 (which is before you fight the last battle anyways..) and watch a cutscene with al mualim then start from masyaf, every single time you play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So as long as you don't care about waiting, the only thing you can't redo are the future parts prior to every memory block, right?

jcody
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
You can't start anywhere but from the dead beginning of a memory block, i don't understand your question, and that is the best i can explain it.

For example, if you want to assassinate Majd addin again, you'll have to do the following:

Start from masayaf
- re-do three investigations on abu'l nuquod
- re assassinate him

return to masayaf
- re-do three investigations on William de Monferrat
- Re-assassinate him

return to masayaf
- re-do three investigations on Majd addin
- Re-assassinate him

That's the case whether you finish the last fight or not, it's just an example of what it means to "start from the beginning of a memory block" since Majd addin is the last assassination within that memory block.

If you finish the game/the last battle, you cannot select "continue" you MUST start from the beginning of a memory block EVERY TIME you turn the game on, even if you just want to free roam.

Hope this helps.

Schenker93
12-30-2007, 09:53 PM
OK, tell me if I got this right. If I beat Al Mualim, then I can only play that file by starting at the beginning of each memory block each time. So I could rebeat Block 5, but if I shut it off I gotta do it again? This does not overwrite any counters right? If I have 99/100 Richard Flags and then beat the game, I still only need 1 more right? Now, what if I got 99/100 after I beat the game. If I shut it off, do I lose all the flags I gained, or does the counter not reset every time I shut the Xbox off even theough the memry blocks do? Sorry for being vague, I just want to try and get everything first, even if it means waiting off on the last boss.

jcody
12-30-2007, 10:04 PM
No, all of the things you collect save no matter what, even if you fight the last battle.

(you just have to start from masayaf and listen to a 5 minute cutscene every time you play)

Schenker93
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
thnx jcody, everything much appreciated

AirRon_2K7
12-31-2007, 01:41 AM

you'd need to complete the game to do that effectively.

Kid_Phazon
12-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Thats what I was referring to. I use the "pay-off" to kill them.

AhoyTheFatMan
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM

lol. i did that b4 i completed it :P

and i dnt care about rewatching things cus it brings u into the game more (like seeing stuff u didnt etc.)

i think it shud b like lego star wars lol(so u can do free play or story again from lobby which wud b the future scenes)

PATCH IT!!!!

Kid_Phazon
01-01-2008, 03:24 PM
There is a lobby. Its called the Animus.

jcody
01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by AhoyTheFatMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I use that to kill the sick people and the beggers

lol. i did that b4 i completed it :P

and i dnt care about rewatching things cus it brings u into the game more (like seeing stuff u didnt etc.)

i think it shud b like lego star wars lol(so u can do free play or story again from lobby which wud b the future scenes)

PATCH IT!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you realize it's almost impossible to determine what you are saying right? Are you like 12?

avsrule247
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't mind going through the cut scene anymore. I am used to it by now.