PDA

View Full Version : Question about final Altair mission (**SPOILERS**)

Sarari
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, if anyone has read the book or went to assassinscreed.wiki.com, they'd know that Altair dies by getting killed by Mongols. But in Revelations, they show him blind, trying to sit in a chair, and just dies there. Though it's different from what I expected, I loved the way it ended. But why did they change this?

Krayus Korianis
11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Actually it's never stated in the books how he died.

Also, Alta´r isn't blind, the room is just pitch black since he put the lights out.

Sarari
11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, I just went back to read about his death, and it says that he did in fact lock himself inside the chamber. But before the game was released, it said that he died fighting off the Mongols. Those cheap Ubisoft workers changed it.

But why? Why would he lock himself up and not leave with the rest of the people?

ajl992008
11-16-2011, 04:06 PM
ive not read what u have written but no offnse but r u stupid? u gave away a huge spoiler in the title, now i know altair dies!, change it to like altiars final mission or question about altair!

Sarari
11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Sure thing! Really sorry about that!!

And stupid? You want me to kick your *** over the internet?

xCr0wnedNorris
11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
ive not read what u have written but no offnse but r u stupid? u gave away a huge spoiler in the title, now i know altair dies!, change it to like altiars final mission or question about altair!

OMG ITZ SUCH A SHOCKER THAT HE DIES!!! He's a badass, not an immortal.

Sarari
11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
OMG ITZ SUCH A SHOCKER THAT HE DIES!!! He's a badass, not an immortal.
^This

ajl992008
11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
sorry that was uncalled for by me, it just annoyed me. i see you've changed it, thanks

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I thought the book just said people thought he died or just assumed he died via the mongol attack?

Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:

OMG ITZ SUCH A SHOCKER THAT HE DIES!!! He's a badass, not an immortal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALL THE FANFICTION IN THE WORLD ABOUT ALTAIR AND EZIO BECOMING HAS BEEN RUINED!

*suicide by leap of faith*

Sarari
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
lol, It was said that Altair told everybody in Masyaf to flee before the Mongols came to attack. And Altair had to hold them off. Someone who fled from Masyaf who I think were one of the Polo brothers, wrote down what had happened.

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
lol, It was said that Altair told everybody in Masyaf to flee before the Mongols came to attack. And Altair had to hold them off. Someone who fled from Masyaf who I think were one of the Polo brothers, wrote down what had happened.

Ohhh, thanks for clearing that up. You want to go ahead and chalk this up to the books screwing with the story again?

Sarari
11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
chalk this up? lol what the hell does that mean??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif hahah

Shaunzy95
11-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm guessing he locked himself up because he felt he had to protect what was in the chamber.

Sarari
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
So...did he starve to death, or did he just die at that very second he took the key out?

Ioder
11-16-2011, 07:40 PM
So...did he starve to death, or did he just die at that very second he took the key out?
I think he just died of natural causes, after securing his secret he felt satisfied in life, and just let go.

Krayus Korianis
11-17-2011, 03:55 AM

So... Polo assumed he died in the attack. Doesn't make it truth.

Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad died of natural causes when he entered the vault and secured the apple within it.

That's what we see in the game, the books just assume and tell a different tale which is partially truth to that point of view (Polo).

Gil_217
11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Ok guys but do you remember in AC II when Rodrigo Borgia send that ship to Cyprus to get the Apple in 1486? Then, in 1488 the boat returned from Cyprus with a Apple. Now I know there are more than one Apple, but if Altair hid his Apple in the library in Masyaf, saying to his son that if someone asked him about the Apple, he should tell that he hid it in Cyprus or Cipango to mislead whoever asked, so how in the hell was a Apple of Eden in Cyprus??

zoem007
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
As a matter of fact I am quite surprised Altair made it to 92 because at that time at max 50 was the age when most people passed away since they did not have any advanced medical tech. or hygienic standards. I am assuming the apple itself was keeping Altair alive and as soon as he placed it on the altar the life started to drain away from his body and as soon as he took out the final key he took his last breath its gotta be something like that..... I think.. not so sure...

naran6142
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Gil_217:
Ok guys but do you remember in AC II when Rodrigo Borgia send that ship to Cyprus to get the Apple in 1486? Then, in 1488 the boat returned from Cyprus with a Apple. Now I know there are more than one Apple, but if Altair hid his Apple in the library in Masyaf, saying to his son that if someone asked him about the Apple, he should tell that he hid it in Cyprus or Cipango to mislead whoever asked, so how in the hell was a Apple of Eden in Cyprus??

i think in the last altair mission he mention something about cyprus... maybe try replaying that memory to see if he said he found another apple

also, altair had been using the apple his entire life, and it told him to build the library and put his apple there, i guess he locked himself in that chamber because he knew he had fulfilled his purpose in life...

Gil_217
11-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gil_217:

i think in the last altair mission he mention something about cyprus... maybe try replaying that memory to see if he said he found another apple

also, altair had been using the apple his entire life, and it told him to build the library and put his apple there, i guess he locked himself in that chamber because he knew he had fulfilled his purpose in life... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I said. Altair hid his Apple in the library and told his son to trick everyone who asked about the Apple, saying that he hid it in Cyprus, when he actually hid it in the library in Masyaf.

Now what's fun is that the Templars found an Apple in Cyprus, what a coincidence. Altair tried to trick them by asking his son to say that he hid it in Cyprus, what Altair didn't expect is that it was another Apple in Cyprus too.

jackmagic
11-19-2011, 02:10 AM
ok I'm just gonna weigh in with my assumptions from altair's motives and such.

1. He locked himself in the chamber with his last key/memory. To ensure that the person who would unlock the library(Ezio) would know that there was indeed his Apple inside. And Altair's last memory was showing Ezio that they were both just messengers. Altair was a messenger to Ezio, and Ezio passes the message to Desmond.
2. Altair knew that many men would search for his Apple. Everyone knew he had it and he knew that the minute he was dead the Templar's would be sure to search for it. If you remember at the end of the first Assassin's Creed, right after killing Al'mualim, the Apple activates and shows Altair where all the other Apples and First Civilization artifacts are hidden in the world. So my guess is that Altair had his son spread the false information, that was based off fact. Saying his Apple is in Cyprus, when in fact it was a completely different one. That way when the Templar's found the new Apple they wouldn't be so driven to find his, which held the message that needed to be passed to Desmond.

MrGerbz
11-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
ive not read what u have written but no offnse but r u stupid?

Oh the irony. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

rileypoole1234
11-19-2011, 08:38 AM
He needed to record that one last message for Ezio, and then he could die. He died of old age. I liked that better then him dying in a fight. Altair wouldn't have died in a fight.

Lass4r
11-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I really like how both of our assassins died of natural causes. It makes for a more emotional death than if they die in the heat of battle, not to mention that they're too badass to die in a fight =)

Will_Lucky
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I do wonder considering Altairs mastery of the Apple given he could kill pretty much anyone in range with it without a cost to his own health if it was sustaining him in the end. By leaving it in that chamber he left the one thing keeping him alive making sure he carried out that last task for Ezio/Desmond.

Not to mention, given his mastery of the Apple I'm surprised he didn't just face the Mongels himself.