PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, in the future can you allow ai only planes to be piloted from the no cockpit view in multi...

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Right now, some servers allow players to fly the AI planes, but they can only be flown from the outside view. It would be really awsome if you could allow us to fly them from the no cockpit view in multi. That way, you dont have to take the time to model the cockpits, and we can still dogfight in these planes instead of just bombing. Thanks.

If anyone supports this idea, then post something. I'm interested in what you think.

Excelsior-MU

Hooah!

Message Edited on 08/08/0302:32AM by Excelsior-MU

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Right now, some servers allow players to fly the AI planes, but they can only be flown from the outside view. It would be really awsome if you could allow us to fly them from the no cockpit view in multi. That way, you dont have to take the time to model the cockpits, and we can still dogfight in these planes instead of just bombing. Thanks.

If anyone supports this idea, then post something. I'm interested in what you think.

Excelsior-MU

Hooah!

Message Edited on 08/08/0302:32AM by Excelsior-MU

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Wrong suggestion! AI FM is NOT the same as flyable planes have, so it's impossible without adding "real" FM to them. And that's a lot of work...

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 08:44 AM
NO, i think it would be good. It would be up to the host as to wether or not to allow certain planes, and since they are already flyable from the outside view, why not have the inside view as well. I see no reason why there should be no inside view.

Excelsior-MU

Hooah!

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 08:49 AM
do not agree

they have very very basic flight models which I suspect are tweaked a bit to give the dumb AI an edge over real pilots, they do not overheat ever, they seem to climb better,

so in no-cockpit mode they would own the proper planes, people wouold only fly AI planes online

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 09:03 AM
I can understand that. I didnt relize the had a bad flight model. But still, it would be up to the host to allow thoses planes or not.

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
this feature already exist :

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zbopr

and yes, they are very simplified FM

However yes, they can overheat (even happened to break an engine from overheating)

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:33 PM
NO, I like to have the cokpit around me. Without this Flying a plane is like playing an arcade game.
The immersive aspect is more important than the FM.
If you go this way you can also suppress the sounds and the ground textures ;-)
I definitively need more flyable planes.
Thanks.