PDA

View Full Version : ATTN DEVELOPERS: Any plan for addition, modification to planes and battles?

firemanjarhead4
10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Hopefully the developers read this. I already posted once before. I am disappointed that when playing the Marines campaign, after the battle for Guadalcanal it jumps straight to Iwo Jima. It would be nice if they included at some point the rest of the battle for the south pacific. Battles for Choiseol, Bougainville, New Georgia, New Ireland, and New Britain Etc. Important missions such as barge hunting, anti-shipping raids, and raids on VERY important bases like Rabaul, and turk are a must. Also on the note of planes They should include the B-17 and especially the B-24. The B-24 was a very important aircraft, used for a varity of missions in the pacific, any serious attempt to make an accurate simulator of the pacific war should add it. It would also add more depth if you picked a certain bomber group and sqaudron you might be armed with different planes than another. for example there were 3 different kinds of B-25 "strafers" used and modified by the 5th USAAF in the south pacific. there was the model with the 4 gun packs, and the bombsight used in this game, then there was the model with the 4 gun packs, 4 .50 cals in the nose and a 75mm cannon and no bombsight, then there was the most devestating model with the 4 gun packs, and 8 .50 cals in the nose and no bombsights. As a historian and flight sim fanatic, I am generally happy with the game so far but improvements are a must to make it accurate and these I feel are important.

FlatSpinMan
10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
You might want to try user made campaigns for missions/ campaigns in areas not covered by the default campaigns. For PF you should try bird_brain's "Cactus Diaries" - about a Wildcat squadron on Guadalcanal.There is a free dwmo of some PF missions around, too, called "Wings Over Waves." I haven't played it but it definitely uses B-24s in some of the missions.
One major reason that a lot of battles aren't covered is that the necessary maps are not available in the sim.

firemanjarhead4
10-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Thanks i'll check into it.

FlatSpinMan
10-23-2005, 08:05 AM
This link is to a thread that detailed lots of user-made campaigns and where to find them. It may help. Checking out the missions page at Airwarfare is another good place.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m...271073743#6271073743 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6271073743/r/6271073743#6271073743)

firemanjarhead4
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
shameless bump