PDA

View Full Version : PC1600 vs torpedo

domenlovrec
02-04-2006, 06:38 AM
hi

Last week i've been flying He111 just for fun. When it comes to destroy ships i pick 2ӔPC1600 with 3s delay insted two torpedos. I think PC1600 is more destructive. Any thoughts?

Hurricane_320
02-04-2006, 06:46 AM
2x2000!

Zeus-cat
02-04-2006, 07:39 AM
The bombs are probably more destructive, but I'm not sure that He-111's did skip-bombing, especially with such large bombs. I could be wrong.

Hawgdog
02-04-2006, 07:56 AM
LOL, and they didnt dogfight either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VW-IceFire
02-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Skip bombing does work, however, if your facing down a fleet of ships with a lot of AAA guns on them you may want to opt for the torpedoes as you can launch from further away and turn around and run while the torpedoes go towards the ships.

Viper2005_
02-04-2006, 08:21 AM
In dogfight servers the torpedo reigns supreme as it has infinite range and the shipping targets it's pitted against are stationary. Once it's released it's also indestructible AFAIK.

As such it can be used as a stand-off weapon which greatly increases your chances of survival. As soon as the target is big enough to accurately centre in your screen you can release the torp, and run home, remembering to delay your landing until the target is destroyed...

Jumoschwanz
02-04-2006, 08:53 AM
You can stop a torp by ditching your plane in it's path and taking the bullet. I did this before, not on purpose, and it worked dandy.

Yes skip bombing is more desructtive than torps. ANd sd bombs are more destructive on ships than sc too, it seems.

Jumoschwanz

jimDG
02-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
You can stop a torp by ditching your plane in it's path and taking the bullet. I did this before, not on purpose, and it worked dandy.

Does this mean that someone got an "Enemy aircraft destroyed" message, i.e. aerial kill by torpedo?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gx-warspite
02-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Skip bombing does work, however, if your facing down a fleet of ships with a lot of AAA guns on them you may want to opt for the torpedoes as you can launch from further away and turn around and run while the torpedoes go towards the ships.
Who needs a fleet? With Oleg's AI AA, a single destroyer can wipe out an entire squadron =p

JuHa-
02-04-2006, 11:19 AM
"
Who needs a fleet? With Oleg's AI AA, a single destroyer can wipe out an entire squadron =p"

...and balance is restored when .50s will sink the destroyer ?

: - )

StellarRat
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JuHa-:
"
Who needs a fleet? With Oleg's AI AA, a single destroyer can wipe out an entire squadron =p"

...and balance is restored when .50s will sink the destroyer ?

: - ) Don't smile too hard. A few ships were sunk in WW II by aircraft guns alone. They usually got fire and burned until they sank.