PDA

View Full Version : Gun vs Crossbow

davo1270
10-07-2010, 12:20 AM
wats the point of the gun if the crossbows lighter, more silent, probably acn carry more arrows than bullets, and quicker in aiming? and the arrows probably cost less than the bullets too

Xanatos2007
10-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Beats me, I think it's just there for more "variety" (which seems to be Ubi's concern at this point rather than focusing properly on anything).
They went a bit overboard with the variety in AC2, but now they're practically jumping over the starboard while clutching an anvil - and leaving the stealthy aspect on board.

me44888
10-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Gun is used it "strike first, strike fast" fighting sequences... Crossbow cannot be used in those...

KZarr
10-07-2010, 02:51 AM
^ So true

The weapon wheel has become so big that they've put multiple weapons in one slot

wapikas
10-07-2010, 04:14 AM
(which seems to be Ubi's concern at this point rather than focusing properly on anything).

I agree. stealth elements are gone and all we get is "ballistic" gameplay in stealth oriented game.

Gun is used it "strike first, strike fast" fighting sequences... Crossbow cannot be used in those... acutally you can use it in hand to hand combat as seen in enter rome trailer

Account_Deleted
10-07-2010, 05:59 AM
more accurite,silent,

chances it'd be stronger than throwning knives

tyrce111
10-07-2010, 06:03 AM
I guess the hidden gun can be your backup weapon of your crossbow bolts and poisen darts run out.

LaCava1
10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:
^ So true

The weapon wheel has become so big that they've put multiple weapons in one slot
Actually, you see two things in the same slot for a reason. You use the one that is the bigger picture, and the smaller one means that it can be integrated in combat with the weapon. Let's just say you choose the sword, and it has the hidden gun picture next to it, but it's smaller. That means you can integrate the sword and gun into combat together, by shooting and stabbing at the same time.

FrankieSatt
10-07-2010, 06:49 AM
I personally don't like the hidden gun. I hardly used it in AC2 and I'll harldy use it in Brotherhood.

Not the weapon of an Assasin in the time era, as least not in my opinion.

AC-FANBOY
10-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Hang on,
Someone answer this for me please.
I thought that you could use the crossbow while you were on horseback?
I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere...

extrememuffin
10-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
Hang on,
Someone answer this for me please.
I thought that you could use the crossbow while you were on horseback?
I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere...

yeah you can use all weapons well on hoarse back.

also to people saying they have ditched stealth. everything the developers have been saying so far says that Ezio has 'matured' and focuses more on stealth now then in the last game. of course this could be BS but dont say there is no stealth until you have played it

faka-me
10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
really i don't think they've lost stealth i think they've just approched different ways of assassinating e.g. not always using hidden blade but standing on a rooftop and shooting the target with a crosbow and running of with out been seen, which in my opinion is even more stealthy.

tyrce111
10-08-2010, 09:20 AM
In dev dairies ezio uses his gun to cause a spark to ignite and explore a dangerous monster like thing with donkeykong barrels filled with oil on it.
IDE LIKE TO SEE A CROSSBOW DO THAT!!!

SteelCity999
10-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I think I heard them correctly in the last dev diary say that the crossbow will be upgradeable - so it will be interesting to see what you can accomplish with it.

FaTaLMeTaL
10-08-2010, 09:27 AM
for me..i think that the gun is for long distances and ofc..strike first strike fast..thingi..and the crossbow is for more silent tactics..im not pretty sure thoe..

LaCava1
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SteelCity999:
I think I heard them correctly in the last dev diary say that the crossbow will be upgradeable - so it will be interesting to see what you can accomplish with it.
Probably (or hopefully) flaming bolts...

TheMusingMoose
10-08-2010, 12:07 PM
What dev diary did they say the crossbow was upgradable? And when did Ezio use his gun to light a fire?

SteelCity999
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
What dev diary did they say the crossbow was upgradable? And when did Ezio use his gun to light a fire?

Dev diary #3 I think mentioned it - whoever it was was saying how he had wanted to include it in the game since AC1.

DarthEzio55
10-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Hidden Gun - for player's who dont want to play stealthly (want to fight all the guards at once) , and in the strike first, strike fast combat system.

Crosbow- for silent tactics, and also for the strike first, strike fast players.

tyrce111
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
In dev dairy 3 ezio unhooked the wooden reins of the horses of the war machine carrige and then shot the barrels on it with his gun to make them explode.

dalby2010
10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Personally i think crossbow more ammo slilent lighter hopefully quicker but likley less powerfull

think about it if i shot you with a gun and you shot me with a crossbow who is more likley to die

TheMusingMoose
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
think about it if i shot you with a gun and you shot me with a crossbow who is more likley to die
You.

oomnine2000
10-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I did an art on crossbow with explosive arrow heads. http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/282/1/5/15c045e1d1e4c213a4ae836c043b0129-d30d1tj.jpg

dalby2010
10-10-2010, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">think about it if i shot you with a gun and you shot me with a crossbow who is more likley to die
You. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why dosent the army go around with crossbows? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

oh and oomnine very nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

itsamea-mario
10-10-2010, 03:32 AM
well the army certanly doesnt go around with flintlock pistols.
i reckon that a propper crossbow would likely be more powerful than a gun with a barrel the size of a drinking straw, probably more accurate too.

Fuglegalskap
10-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Where do you find Dev diary #3???

notafanboy
10-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Fuglegalskap:
Where do you find Dev diary #3???
ever tried youtube ? if you cant find it let me know

Fuglegalskap
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
whoops i did but didnīt find it at first, did now
thanks

Twostein
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
the gun is for the combo's, the crossbow for
silent assasinations

and btw, cross bows are still used in the military
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow#Modern_use

AnthonyA85
10-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Personally, I think people (myself included) are going to use the crossbow more than the gun, since the gun has a shorter ammo supply (unless it's been uped to 12, but that's still 50% less than one the crossbow gets), and, it's also silent, yes, the gun might be quicker to load, it was practically semi-auto in AC2, but it's not exactly stealthy.

If you were on a mission where detection by guards = desync, which would you use? Silent cross-bow or "Giant-sign-over-ezio's-head-saying "I'm right here!" loud gun?

@ Ominine, nice work on that picture. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Lucy actually looks kinda sexy like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

itsamea-mario
10-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Well the gun is a concealed weapon, but then again its too loud. so instead if we want to be descreet in a public area, we can just use the bloody poisen dart, and hidden as the gun and much quieter.

davo1270
10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Twostein:
silent assasinations

Really, I thought that I saw the crossbow being used as a combow in one of the ACB videos, I do not remember which one exactly, but it was either the ACB Enter Rome Trailer or ACB Dev Diary 3

... the combo was Ezio knocking a guard to the ground, and while he was laying down, Ezio took out his crossbow and shot him in the neck/face

NewBlade200
10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
maybe if ezio gets a steel reinforced crossbow he could knock someone over?
personaly i like the idea of the crossbow being in the assassin creed games. i think the hidden gun will be upgradeable too, like, more ammo.

DavisP92
10-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Twostein:
silent assasinations

Really, I thought that I saw the crossbow being used as a combow in one of the ACB videos, I do not remember which one exactly, but it was either the ACB Enter Rome Trailer or ACB Dev Diary 3

... the combo was Ezio knocking a guard to the ground, and while he was laying down, Ezio took out his crossbow and shot him in the neck/face </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The crossbow can be used in both ways.