PDA

View Full Version : A standard non Historical cockpit

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
S!

I have a request
I think could be fine to fly all AI planes using a non Historical cockpit , waiting for it.....
I mean that on waiting for a MC202 for instance we all users could use a standard ME109 G cockpit for this plane,waiting the Historical one
This could be done for all AI planes using standard german or allies for p51 the p 47....Cockpits
Is it possible to have this feature , waiting for all the adds you planned to do?
Regars
RAF_Cobber

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
S!

I have a request
I think could be fine to fly all AI planes using a non Historical cockpit , waiting for it.....
I mean that on waiting for a MC202 for instance we all users could use a standard ME109 G cockpit for this plane,waiting the Historical one
This could be done for all AI planes using standard german or allies for p51 the p 47....Cockpits
Is it possible to have this feature , waiting for all the adds you planned to do?
Regars
RAF_Cobber

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
RAF_Cobber wrote:
- S!
-
- I have a request
- I think could be fine to fly all AI planes using a
- non Historical cockpit , waiting for it.....
- I mean that on waiting for a MC202 for instance we
- all users could use a standard ME109 G cockpit for
- this plane,waiting the Historical one
- This could be done for all AI planes using standard
- german or allies for p51 the p 47....Cockpits
- Is it possible to have this feature , waiting for
- all the adds you planned to do?
- Regars
- RAF_Cobber

This cannot be done.

-jippo

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:19 PM
I agree cobber so much, they said it wont be done, which i'll never understand wasting great 3d models on ais The info cockpit info on the pe2-3 189 etc you can get a 80% realistic cockpit. And I hope fb will have no ai only planes in the future all will have cockpits.

cockpits are such fps killers the way they are in fb but they looks great, 85-90s fps with it off and in externals too, with them on 35-50fps with them on "mirrors off".

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:15 PM
---waiting for a MC202 for instance we all users could use
---a standard ME109 G cockpit for this plane,

For you, no Patch.

I am wondering if framerate is the ~real~ reason people use the no cockpit view. I never tried it myself. But I found another way to get max framerates by setting TexQual=0 in my "conf" file and setting all the LandXXX = 0 except Landshading (need that set to 2 for shiny sun).

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 02:55 PM
unfortunately, the game would lose its realism rating.

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>Heaven is a place where the French are the cooks, the British are the butlers, the Germans are the mechanics, and the Swiss are the politicians. Hell is a place where the British are the cooks, the French are the butlers, the Swiss are the mechanics and the Germans are the politicians.<center>
<center>Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW<center>
http://proudbirdswing.tripod.com/proudbirds.htm

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center><marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"The ProudBirds..Fly High and Proud..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
S!
I read all you wrote thanks.
May be there is a Misunderstanding:
IF FB is designed to DO not Have an Interchangeable Cockpit due to " Realism" ok
But I said only that sould be fine to Use an exsistent Cockpit waiting for the Historical and best rated you could design for that particular plane
Why do not Use a 109 Cockpit when Flying in 100% realism mode using an other quite similar aircraft , waiting for its own proper Cockpit?
Easy to understand ,I hope, I do not how easy to do in the Program this is the Main Point I asked to you and Oleg's Programmers to find a solution to this great problem
IF SOLVED could give a GREAT flexibility to this Great Simulator better than in CFS2 or CFS3.
Of course all adds will be welcome , they will give us users the right Cockpit , with the best Frame rate....ALL the Right feature....BUT in the mean time WE ALL FLEW with OUR Preferrred Plane.....FOR instance IT is quite a Year I'm waiting for Mc202 Cockpit to fly with it and this fine aircraft is an AI plane since IL2 Born.
Regards
RAF_Cobber

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Great idea, Cobber!

BUMP... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:07 PM
It cannot be done just like that.

AI planes need complete FM overhaul before being flyable, AI flies them right but human pilot may achieve unrealistic performance.

But the biggest no go is the realism one. It would not be right in the spirit of the game where there is always the drive towards "as good as it gets".

Just lots of extra work with no real payback. Not worth it...

Sorry.

-jippo

Message Edited on 06/23/0303:08PM by Jippo01

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:08 PM
i think there is also something weird about the ai only planes fm's. once i was flying a he162 in an online game with ai planes enabled, and the thing blew up for no reason 20 seconds after takeoff at only 400 km/h. i sure hope thats not the top speed of a jet aircraft.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:10 PM
As far as I know, third-party modelers and texture people have been working on a few new cockpits for the currently AI planes. Just check www.il2center.com (http://www.il2center.com) for info. However, I don't know how many of these 'pits are still being worked on and how many got dropped by their creators. At least something's being done.

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Jippo01 wrote:

"AI flies them right but human pilot may achieve unrealistic performance."

------------

AI flies them right?

The AI can fly any FM at a much higher rate of control manipulation without stall or instability compared to a human piloted FM.

If we are to believe this is 'flying them right', then this calls in question the stall/stability, or perhaps the stick input modeling of certain human piloted aircraft.

--------------------------------------

"Loyalty to the country always, loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

Mark Twain