PDA

View Full Version : story charactars in multiplayer

borga708
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
story charactars in multiplayer

Justin125
11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Well the multiplayer characters are implemented into the Single player already, some are even assassination targets if not all of them.

Azugo
11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Justin125:
Well the multiplayer characters are implemented into the Single player already, some are even assassination targets if not all of them.

I think some are allies, too. I dunno.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:

I think some are allies, too. I dunno. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, their all Templars.

Azugo
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by GREAZY_FINGAZZ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:

I think some are allies, too. I dunno. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, their all Templars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I see.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
No, the multiplayer characters are all Templars so it wouldn't make sense if one could play as Ezio or something in multiplayer the multiplayer dynamics would have to be changed to put single player characters in it.

However there is 1 exception. I would LOVE to see a follower of Romulus as a multiplayer character even tho he wouldn't be a Templar. I just love the looks of them with the wolf hide outfits.

Azugo
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
No, the multiplayer characters are all Templars so it wouldn't make sense if one could play as Ezio or something in multiplayer the multiplayer dynamics would have to be changed to put single player characters in it.

However there is 1 exception. I would LOVE to see a follower of Romulus as a multiplayer character even tho he wouldn't be a Templar. I just love the looks of them with the wolf hide outfits.

Honestly, I hate the wolf people. They seem sort of... Supernatural.

But, maybe this is an option for DLC, eh?

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 08:49 PM

How do they come across as supernatural? I'm not arguing with you here, just genuinely interested in how you come across that observation. Yes, they're a cult based on the mythological founder of Rome who was supposedly raised by wolves and believed by his followers to be half wolf and half man, but believing in supernaturalism and being supernatural are different things.

Wolves are my favorite animal and while I wouldn't ever condone killing and skinning them for their fur as the characters in the game do. I'm against wolf hunting in real life but playing Red Dead Redemption I think I killed more wolves in the game than any other animal. That being said, I do think they look good wearing the wolf pelt outfits and would make a fine multiplayer character. I'm interested in learning more about them and how they are portrayed in the game. As an atheist I don't believe in supernaturalism, but I still enjoy learning about it. Religion, cults, and mythology are fascinating subjects especially historically.

Azugo
11-12-2010, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

How do they come across as supernatural? I'm not arguing with you here, just genuinely interested in how you come across that observation. Yes, they're a cult based on the mythological founder of Rome who was supposedly raised by wolves and believed by his followers to be half wolf and half man, but believing in supernaturalism and being supernatural are different things.

Wolves are my favorite animal and while I wouldn't ever condone killing and skinning them for their fur as the characters in the game do. I'm against wolf hunting in real life but playing Red Dead Redemption I think I killed more wolves in the game than any other animal. That being said, I do think they look good wearing the wolf pelt outfits and would make a fine multiplayer character. I'm interested in learning more about them and how they are portrayed in the game. As an atheist I don't believe in supernaturalism, but I still enjoy learning about it. Religion, cults, and mythology are fascinating subjects especially historically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do they come across as supernatural? You said it yourself, mate -- look at the bit I highlighted.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Wolves are my favorite animal and while I wouldn't ever condone killing and skinning them for their fur as the characters in the game do. I'm against wolf hunting in real life but playing Red Dead Redemption I think I killed more wolves in the game than any other animal. That being said, I do think they look good wearing the wolf pelt outfits and would make a fine multiplayer character. I'm interested in learning more about them and how they are portrayed in the game. As an atheist I don't believe in supernaturalism, but I still enjoy learning about it. Religion, cults, and mythology are fascinating subjects especially historically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do they come across as supernatural? You said it yourself, mate -- look at the bit I highlighted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can see from what I highlighted my question remains unanswered.

Oatkeeper
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

How do they come across as supernatural? You said it yourself, mate -- look at the bit I highlighted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think that makes theme sound mystical. not anymore so then Christian followers believing that the son of god was born from a virgin women and could heal people and alter liquids (even though its explained by the Assassins Creed plot, lol)

Azugo
11-12-2010, 09:25 PM

As you can see from what I highlighted my question remains unanswered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused. What is your question? Do I believe 'supernaturalism'?

RandomRansom
11-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Wait... Aren't the Templars using memories taken from Assassins to learn to become Templar Assassins? So... You could have single player characters in MP. Chalk it up to the Templars using memories they took from Desmond or even Subject 16 or others.

But then again, maybe I just don't fully understand the full story behind the MP. Or maybe you don't.

I wouldn't mind having characters from the single player campaign in multiplayer.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm confused. What is your question? Do I believe 'supernaturalism'?

No, sorry I figured you were thinking the Romulus followers WERE supernatural not simply a cult that BELIEVED in supernaturalism. But like OathKeeper said above here believing a man is half wolf and half human isn't really any more of a supernatural belief than believing a god made a virgin woman pregnant with a demi-god who performed healing miracles and turning water into booze. Religion and supernaturalism has always been a part of the Assassin's Creed series. The Templars apparently posing as Christians but who really believe in Those Who Came Before who posses artifacts capable of mind control. If all that isn't supernaturalism then maybe my dictionary is outdated.

Like I said I wasn't intending to argue with you here, just curious where you were coming from with that about the Romulus followers being supernatural.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by RandomRansom:
Wait... Aren't the Templars using memories taken from Assassins to learn to become Templar Assassins? So... You could have single player characters in MP. Chalk it up to the Templars using memories they took from Desmond or even Subject 16 or others.

But then again, maybe I just don't fully understand the full story behind the MP. Or maybe you don't.

I wouldn't mind having characters from the single player campaign in multiplayer.

I agree it is indeed confusing and I don't fully get where the devs are going with it. The multiplayer characters they already have I assume are themselves Templars and a human player playing the mulitplayer game is apparently themselves supposed to be a Templar accessing the Animus for training purposes utilizing the characters in the game in order to train to fight assassins based on hacked memories. So it does stand to reason that the characters in multiplayer would be Assassins instead of Templars so I am admittedly confused as to why Ubisoft made them Templars.

So yeah I don't think we fully understand the dynamics of the multiplayer either. Would be nice if the devs shed some more light on that.

obliviondoll
11-12-2010, 11:55 PM
OK. To clarify for you all, and explain why the group ISN'T supernatural...

Romulus was the founder of Rome, and was supposedly raised by wolves, we all have that bit down. No arguments, great.

The problem is that the cult of Romulus believe that he was half-wolf half-man, this is where the contention arises. Problem with that is, in the game, he's long-dead anyway, and these people are obviously NOT half-wolf half-man, so it's not supernatural. They have a belief in something that would be, but they DON'T have a leader who's a werewolf or anything, so don't worry.

The final 10 minutes or so of the previous 2 games are more supernatural than the cult of Romulus.

SWJS
11-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree it is indeed confusing and I don't fully get where the devs are going with it. The multiplayer characters they already have I assume are themselves Templars and a human player playing the mulitplayer game is apparently themselves supposed to be a Templar accessing the Animus for training purposes utilizing the characters in the game in order to train to fight assassins based on hacked memories. So it does stand to reason that the characters in multiplayer would be Assassins instead of Templars so I am admittedly confused as to why Ubisoft made them Templars.

So yeah I don't think we fully understand the dynamics of the multiplayer either. Would be nice if the devs shed some more light on that.
The templars used advanced Animus software to create a training program to train their recruits using memories of real Renaissance templars. It's somewhat like VR training, like what Desmond with have, only the templar recruits get to play around with each other.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
The templars used advanced Animus software to create a training program to train their recruits using memories of real Renaissance templars. It's somewhat like VR training, like what Desmond with have, only the templar recruits get to play around with each other.

That sort of makes sense except for the real renaissance Templars thing. It's my understanding that they are training modern Templars to fight modern Assassins using renaissance Assassin techniques. The memories they are using would then be hacked memories of renaissance Assassins, not renaissance Templars. So it stands to reason that the characters in multiplayer should be renaissance Assassins who were being hacked by modern Templars not modern Templars training from the memories of renaissance Templars.

SWJS
11-13-2010, 12:32 AM
training modern Templars to fight modern Assassins using renaissance Assassin techniques.
True, but these characters are all Templars. Most likely proficient Templar Hitmen/Generals/Officials hired/put in power by the Borgia. They all show up in ACB's storyline as assassination targets after all. Machiavelli gives you most of the assignments, but the Executioner is killed by Ezio at the request of the man at the gallows.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 12:35 AM
The reason they're making the characters play the part of Templars after stealing the fighting techniques from the Assassins they've previously put into the Animus is that they want to reinforce their people's feeling that they're Templars, and minimise the risk of the bleeding effect producing an army of FORMER Templars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Good enough rationalisation for you?

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
You both make sense. It works for me. But I'm assuming we'll understand more about the multiplayer dynamics when carrying out the assassinations of the multiplayer characters in the single player campaign.

I'm wondering tho if Ezio will assassinate ALL of them including the bonus characters... Hellequin, Officer, and Harlequin.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 01:10 AM
You both make sense. It works for me. But I'm assuming we'll understand more about the multiplayer dynamics when carrying out the assassinations of the multiplayer characters in the single player campaign.

I'm wondering tho if Ezio will assassinate ALL of them including the bonus characters... Hellequin, Officer, and Harlequin.
Don't have a link right now, but they have confirmed not all the multiplayer characters are killed in ACB's single player.

RandomRansom
11-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">training modern Templars to fight modern Assassins using renaissance Assassin techniques.
True, but these characters are all Templars. Most likely proficient Templar Hitmen/Generals/Officials hired/put in power by the Borgia. They all show up in ACB's storyline as assassination targets after all. Machiavelli gives you most of the assignments, but the Executioner is killed by Ezio at the request of the man at the gallows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't that be a bit counter-intuitive? Why would modern-day Templars want to train in techniques from old Templars? Wouldn't they already know those techniques?

That's almost like saying all Assassins had to use an Animus to train because they can't train using Assassin techniques without one. I believe Desmond had to because he didn't listen to his folks and never trained, but Lucy trained as a normal modern-day Assassin would.

I think the Templars are using the only Assassins they have access to on mass (the ones from genetic memory) to train themselves in the Assassin fighting and movement techniques. This way, they... steal the Kung Fu scrolls from the monks and teach themselves to learn Kung Fu, in a manner of speaking.

Again, I could be wrong, but I just like that idea as a concept better than Templars just going back for memories they probably already have in their Templar records.

Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The reason they're making the characters play the part of Templars after stealing the fighting techniques from the Assassins they've previously put into the Animus is that they want to reinforce their people's feeling that they're Templars, and minimise the risk of the bleeding effect producing an army of FORMER Templars Wink

Good enough rationalisation for you?

I like the way you think. The more I read your posts the more I see a like-minded creative individual. (hope I'm not stroking your ego too much)

I want to see Desmond fighting Templars who are suffering from the bleeding effect. Or even just see a Templar go nuts and wet himself as a result of the bleeding effect.