PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to play previous missions in AC2?

drekkis420
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
In AC 1 you could go back and play previous missions/assassinations. Can you do this in AC2?

Prol33tariat
11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
short answer no.

you have to start a new game

drekkis420
11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Well that sucks... why would they take that out?

GooGaLLyJeLLo
11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
There's really no reason to replay a mission, if you look at it strictly logically anyways. I'd like to be able to do that too, but now that I think about it you can do pretty much anything else but replay a specific block. So if I want to replay it, starting from the beginning doesn't only make sense but would also be mad fun since now you can go through and know just how to do everything.

You'd also be unable to use all the money and things you've built up at the end of the game in that memory, so starting from scratch makes sense.

Also if you look at the story, the animus was different this time. That probably has alot to do with it since they are trying to present a solid storyline. Considering the way it ends, it kind of makes sense that what you can do with the animus in the end would now be limited. Think about that too, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody who doesn't know the end; but I assume you do and you can probably figure out what i mean. lol

ScuroPhase
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you can go back and do missions, If you go into the DNA tab i think it is. You have the option to replay some missions. I'm not really sure how many and what extent it allows you to replay them. But it is there.

vrgadin
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
bull, developers dont make decisions about leaving a feature like replay in or out based on how it affects the story...lol you think they care? no, it was because they were too lazy or ran outta cash to program some last minute things.

GooGaLLyJeLLo
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Nobody puts so much effort into inventing a concept only to completely set it aside as unimportant later. It would be self defeating to act in a way contrary to their stories development or undermine it - and considering how much effort went into both the research of history and the creative fiction of tying it together, they aren't about to just say, "oh well who cares about that?".

But it doesn't matter, im offering a means to explain the issue that results in positive satisfaction instead of negative views of the game. I choose the former, if you want to choose the latter and be unhappy and dissatisfied then go ahead. =D

Hurri211
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
So is there really no way, other than starting a new game, to replay an assination mission, for example the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Vieri de Pazzi</span>assination? If so, thats a real bummer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
On another note, if you start a new game, do you lose all your previous playthrough. So, say I completed the game, and want to do the story all again, would I lose my first playthrough and all my saves?

GooGaLLyJeLLo
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Not unless you overwrite it. there's three slots for three different games I think.

Edengoth
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Ugh, I had to start over, because I lost track of the story pretty quickly after block 3. Good thing, too. I was banking on being able to go back after finishing, but I guess that's out.
I feel more like a prisoner of the Assassins' Animus than I ever felt at Abstergo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

CRUDFACE
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by GooGaLLyJeLLo:
There's really no reason to replay a mission, if you look at it strictly logically anyways. I'd like to be able to do that too, but now that I think about it you can do pretty much anything else but replay a specific block. So if I want to replay it, starting from the beginning doesn't only make sense but would also be mad fun since now you can go through and know just how to do everything.

You'd also be unable to use all the money and things you've built up at the end of the game in that memory, so starting from scratch makes sense.

Also if you look at the story, the animus was different this time. That probably has alot to do with it since they are trying to present a solid storyline. Considering the way it ends, it kind of makes sense that what you can do with the animus in the end would now be limited. Think about that too, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody who doesn't know the end; but I assume you do and you can probably figure out what i mean. lol

REasons why not playing them sucks and what could have been done to fix this:

-THEY COULD HAVE LET US SAVE WHEN WE WANTED TO INSTEAD OF THE GOD FORSAKING AUTO SAVE!

-It's the Animus 2.0, it should be BETTER than the first one

-yeah, replaying everything with the weapons you have may be hacking it, but it's about CHOICE and fun for the gamer to replay it if he wants to or not

-For the ending, they can just replay it and leave out the stuff after the credits

-Oh, to Scurophase, you can't play ANY of the memory story missions blocks...just the side missions

-Looking at it logically, they took out the one of the most crucial things that gave this game good replay factor

Cornik22
11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, assasinīs animus sucks. I demand to be kidnapped again so I can use Abstergoīs animus. Go Abstergo! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

THETRUECAMEL
11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by GooGaLLyJeLLo:

i believe;that if you want to skip some things and go back later it can be done.first rule to playing a game like that:
DO NOT DO THE LAST MISSION(OH THAT'S THE ONLY RULE)go back to the first town and do the side missions you deemed not worth the time and do them;
as for main quest if you skipped i like to know how

rapdog222
11-22-2009, 07:24 AM
In the DNA menu you can replay assassination missions but only missions that aren't apart of the story line.

SNdelta
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Cornik22
Posted Thu November 19 2009 15:16 Hide Post
Yeah, assasinīs animus sucks. I demand to be kidnapped again so I can use Abstergoīs animus. Go Abstergo!

yeah i know i was about to leave with them at the end x)