PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X45. can I bypass the joystick ?

The.Tyke
03-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I want to use the Saitek throttle with my MS sidewinder force feed back. The throttle cable connects to the saitek j/s, which means I have to have 2 joysticks on my desk. Is there any way to connect the Saitek throttle direct to my pc ?

The.Tyke
03-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I want to use the Saitek throttle with my MS sidewinder force feed back. The throttle cable connects to the saitek j/s, which means I have to have 2 joysticks on my desk. Is there any way to connect the Saitek throttle direct to my pc ?

Udidtoo
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Unless space just won't allow it most of us who do or did use the FFB/throttle combo use the X-45 stick for a button bay.

1.JaVA_Hornet
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh men that`s great!!!

Use the other joystick for other keystrokes.

I have used a saitek x45 and a saitek 290.
I used the x45 joystick for engine manegment etc.

Tully__
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The.Tyke:
Is there any way to connect the Saitek throttle direct to my pc ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I've seen. As Udidtoo posted, most who use the X-45 throttle with another stick leave the X-45 stick on the desk for the extra buttons.

knightflyte
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
There is something that puzzles me and could use an answer. It's not really important because I DO have HOTAS and stick funtion... but I'm curious.
Thanks to you Tully I was able to use my Saitek Cyborg EVO FF & my X45.

The thing that puzzles me is I installed the EVO first, drivers and all. So IL2 should (and DID) recognise this as ID1. Now I hook up the X45 to employ the HOTAS and the EVO reverts to ID2.

Why?

I do have it working and I've adjusted control throws through your web site instructions.... but I'm just wondering why the EVO would change to ID2.

thanks,
Robert

Tully__
03-04-2005, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightflyte:
...but I'm just wondering why the EVO would change to ID2.

thanks,
Robert <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask Bill Gates..... it used to be user settable in earlier Windows versions, but the NT based Win2K/WinXP OS's handle controllers differently.

knightflyte
03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
He NEVER returns my calls. We used to be close too. Partying till all hours of the night, playing D&D.
Then he got all big headed and put a restraining order on me. Heck! I introduced him to Steve Jobs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bearcat99
03-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Not electronically. You must plug the throttle into the stick. However like Udidtoo said.... many of us use the X-45 stick as a button bay. I highly recommend it.. it adds incredibly toi the immersion factor.

flyplenty
03-05-2005, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightflyte:
The thing that puzzles me is I installed the EVO first, drivers and all. So IL2 should (and DID) recognise this as ID1. Now I hook up the X45 to employ the HOTAS and the EVO reverts to ID2.

Why?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe Windows assumes that the last one installed should be no.1? Just guessing here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif