PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Anybody got more of this story?



Bremspropeller
10-11-2007, 09:43 AM
http://www.oldgloryprints.com/On%20a%20Wing%20and%20a%2...20Flying%20Greek.htm (http://www.oldgloryprints.com/On%20a%20Wing%20and%20a%20Prayer%20-%20The%20Flying%20Greek.htm)

Just saw this on an aviation-art site and wondered if anybody has something more to tell about that?

Divine-Wind
10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I smell artistic license... But I'd be interested nonetheless in this!

Edit: A Wikipedia search yielded this:
http://imansolas.freeservers.com/Aces/Pisanos_english.html

sgt.dumpster
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Now thats one hell of a magic carpet ride!!!!!!!!!

Breeze147
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Mustangs are uber!!!

Y0RGO
10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Mustang is =For winning!

flox
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
I smell artistic license... But I'd be interested nonetheless in this!

Edit: A Wikipedia search yielded this:
http://imansolas.freeservers.com/Aces/Pisanos_english.html

I have to say, that article looks like it was written by a fifth grader. I thought it was a bit difficult to follow.

han freak solo
10-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd have to guess it was written by someone not native to the English language.

If that art print is any indicator of the truth, I'd have crawled back in the friggin' cockpit.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by han freak solo:
I'd have to guess it was written by someone not native to the English language.

If that art print is any indicator of the truth, I'd have crawled back in the friggin' cockpit.

he did get back in the cockpit

http://imansolas.freeservers.com/Aces/Pisanos_english.html

Stiletto-
10-11-2007, 02:29 PM
The whole story of him in WWII, from Fighter Pilot to working with the French Resistance, would probably make an awesome movie.

han freak solo
10-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by han freak solo:
I'd have to guess it was written by someone not native to the English language.

If that art print is any indicator of the truth, I'd have crawled back in the friggin' cockpit.

he did get back in the cockpit

http://imansolas.freeservers.com/Aces/Pisanos_english.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing.

I love the dramatic painting. Wing and prop already scraping the ground. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Stiletto-:
The whole story of him in WWII, from Fighter Pilot to working with the French Resistance, would probably make an awesome movie.

Starring Tom Cruise?

OK, Starring Tom Cruise on stilts?

Stiletto-
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Agh Tom Cruise! Lol, and in that case it HAS to have a love story in it as well, with some foreign exotic looking french girl and too many scenes that take away from the action and the story.. And speaking of that, the airplanes have to fly and turn like star-figters and do way too much dogfighting instead of proper tactics. And the P-51 has to outrun, outclimb, outturn, outgun and take more damage (to its inline engine) than any other plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Y0RGO
10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
:::::::TOP GREEK:::::::

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2006-05/23/xin_490503232026007941948.jpg

http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

Bremspropeller
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Starring Tom Cruise?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif


Thread winner.

Divine-Wind
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Stiletto-:
Agh Tom Cruise! Lol, and in that case it HAS to have a love story in it as well, with some foreign exotic looking french girl and too many scenes that take away from the action and the story.. And speaking of that, the airplanes have to fly and turn like star-figters and do way too much dogfighting instead of proper tactics. And the P-51 has to outrun, outclimb, outturn, outgun and take more damage (to its inline engine) than any other plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
And the French Resistance has to be unable to do anything more than run and shout and wave white flags. And Tom Cruise will save the day singlehandedly, which would be hard considering he has a girl on one arm and is carrying a pistol in the other.

flox
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by han freak solo:
I'd have to guess it was written by someone not native to the English language.


After another look I'd have to agree with you. There is a considerable amount of what appears to be Greek on his main page: http://imansolas.freeservers.com/