PDA

View Full Version : PF+FB install not working

chertio
04-02-2005, 03:36 AM
I made an out-of the box install of FB (no AEP) then PF using the PF+FB+AEP option, and added patches 303m and 304m.

I get the first splash screen (Avenger torpedo attack) then the game stops without any error or warning messages.

My previous installation was FB (no AEP) and PF in the same way, but no update patches. It worked okay. I just decided to make a clean install and removed this lot.

Anyone else seen this problem, or has any ideas?

Thank you for any help!

chertio
04-02-2005, 03:36 AM
I made an out-of the box install of FB (no AEP) then PF using the PF+FB+AEP option, and added patches 303m and 304m.

I get the first splash screen (Avenger torpedo attack) then the game stops without any error or warning messages.

My previous installation was FB (no AEP) and PF in the same way, but no update patches. It worked okay. I just decided to make a clean install and removed this lot.

Anyone else seen this problem, or has any ideas?

Thank you for any help!

NRN_Monkey
04-02-2005, 03:42 AM
for the 303m to work your going to need AEP to be installed. Ia m **** at this kinda thing but thats my guess.

kmw1962
04-02-2005, 03:56 AM
I tried to do the same, but also only got as far as the splash screen. I've now got them installed separately and I'm now awaiting delivery of AEP.

HotelBushranger
04-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Yes, you need AEP lads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chertio
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Thank you all for your advice... I now have AEP on order (four to six weeks - wail!!!).

Troll2k
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
You can have multiple installs of your games.You can install PF as a standalone for now and then install a merged version when AEP arrives.