PDA

View Full Version : What career do I fly to...

GusAZWhammo
06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
...see the new map? I'm speaking of the newest map in 4.01.

Thanks in Advance.

jarink
06-18-2005, 11:49 PM
You can fly a British career on the Singapore map. I'm flying one right now with a Hurricane MkIIb (you can also choose the Brewster Buffalo MkI).

Nimits
06-19-2005, 01:38 AM
RAF (Pacific), RNAF, RNZAF, NL, JAAF, and IJN Bomber Careers all include Singapore.

GusAZWhammo
06-19-2005, 05:39 AM
Thank you, what about this Kurland map I keep hearing of?

Thanks

GusAZWhammo
06-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Anyone know where the Kurland map is? I.E. what campaign do I select for the Kurland map?

Thanks

Atomic_Marten
06-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I didn't checked that out, but I'm quite sure that Kurland, by default, isn't included in campaign (career) mode.

Before 4.01, you would start in New Guinea in july/august (I can't recall correctly) your career (most of those what Nimits mentioned), after 4.01 you start in Singapore in january.

You can access Kurland map thru FMB (full mission builder), make your single mission, then save and play.
Other option is to download (make) custom (user made) campaign that features Kurland map.

Tully__
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Kurland map will not appear in PF standalone as Kurland is part of Lithuania (or thereabouts) and is not in the Pacific theatre. If you have FB/AEP/PF merged you should find it in FMB but I don't know if it appears in any of the campaigns.

Adlerangriff
06-21-2005, 02:09 PM
While the Kurland map is very nice, other than Fall of '44, I dont see much historical material to use on that map.

The Germans went through that area in the summer of '41 and Autumn would not work well for this. I dont really know how long they were there in the fall of '44.

Also the Murmansk Map gives a summer default plane skin instead of the obvious winter skin we would need to not stick out like a sore thumb. Granted, 2 hours of daylight wont work but the plane skins need to be white.

Actually, all of the winter maps have a little problem we noticed.

When did the Russian Transportation System have time to plow the asphalt roads with all that fighting going on around them?

Kasdeya
06-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Adlerangriff:
Also the Murmansk Map gives a summer default plane skin instead of the obvious winter skin we would need to not stick out like a sore thumb. Granted, 2 hours of daylight wont work but the plane skins need to be white.

The Map maker has told us that because the water is not frozen in the rivers and the sea, that the planes would crash wrong. In the past when IL2 was being coded, someone attached the default paintschemes to the frozen water damage. An exapmle is if a plane hits the unfrozen water with a default winter paintscheme then it will blow up like hitting a frozen river, even if the water is not frozen. He had to change the default to summer so the planes would splash into the water instead of just blowing up like it hit a frozen lake.

WTE_Warg
06-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Go to Lowengrin's DDG site. He is using the Kurland map for a 1941 Northern Barbarosa campaign. Murmansk and Singapore campaigns as well.

GusAZWhammo
06-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Thank you all for your responses!