PDA

View Full Version : Game mod problems

Milner62
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok I downloaded quite a few mods and so far none are working im guessing they werent put in right but ill post how i have them put in.

First i downloaded the JSGME and unzipped it to my SHIII folder where the icon to run the program is there, it created a new folder titled Mods. Under mods i created subfolders with the name of what mod it is and then saved the mod to that folder, then i opened up the JSGME and then selected the ones to be runned in the game. It took and put those mods under the SHIII main folder, for example the Hospital Ship Mod V1.0.7z and theres only one icon for that and the location is listed as (C:\Program files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII)

If theres anything i done wrong let me know cause i would sure like to have the mods up in running or know how to get the mods to work when i get the new pc.

Thanks in advance

Milner62
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok I downloaded quite a few mods and so far none are working im guessing they werent put in right but ill post how i have them put in.

First i downloaded the JSGME and unzipped it to my SHIII folder where the icon to run the program is there, it created a new folder titled Mods. Under mods i created subfolders with the name of what mod it is and then saved the mod to that folder, then i opened up the JSGME and then selected the ones to be runned in the game. It took and put those mods under the SHIII main folder, for example the Hospital Ship Mod V1.0.7z and theres only one icon for that and the location is listed as (C:\Program files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII)

If theres anything i done wrong let me know cause i would sure like to have the mods up in running or know how to get the mods to work when i get the new pc.

Thanks in advance

gazs_sub
03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi Milner,

Some things to check:

1)What error(s) if at all did you get when you tried playing?

2) The mods should be fully extracted. That is, under the MODS folder, you should have individual folders with your chosen name for the mod as you have described. Underneath each of these folders, generally the first folder you should see is one named "data".

3) Make sure that you're running a 1.4b patched version of the game - latest patch. Have you installed any mods/changes before? Its recommended to uninstall, and do a clean install patched to 1.4b before trying out any mods

4) Do you get a "conflict" error? ie does JSGME give you an error identifying that another mod that alters the same files is already active?. That can cause grief also -> only activate one mod that modifies the same files - you cannot usually have 2 "mods" running at once that would change the same files -> it may prove pointless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Hope this is of help.

Milner62
03-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I saved the mod to the folder and its one thing wasnt a zip file or anything and the game plays its just that the mods arent enabled in the game like the harbor traffic mod it didnt take but it shows it as being enabled, the hostpital ship mod dosent show up either in the game but is listed as on, then i have the hi rez moon and its still the standard low res.

gazs_sub
03-23-2006, 01:12 AM
It sounds to me like the files have not correctly extracted. Bear in mind that the only reason you can see the NAME of the mod in the list is simply because there is a folder titled that within the MODS folder -> it does not mean necessarily that your mod's files are copied in there ok.

Make sure that you have extracted the file correctly. That is, you will need to download a program that can extract the files to uncompress them - try a google search for either Winrar or Winzip or 7zip - you'll need software to actually extract the files.

Once the files are extracted, your normally left with a folder directory, with a series of directories beneath it -> make sure the "highest" folder in the hierachy starts with "Data" - thats the folder usually that your looking for, as it contains the files that have been "changed" by the mod.

Then copy that folder across to the relevant named folder (eg "hospital ship mod") that resides underneath the MODS folder in your SH3 directory.

Thats probably the simplest way to break down the process.

Cheers,

Milner62
03-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok, that makes sense ill have to retrace my steps and start over, but i remember saving the file from that u boat mod place and when it was saved it wasnt a winzip file i have winzip to unzip it just didnt get the zip file must have right clicked and save as.