PDA

View Full Version : Snap/Pan Views

VFS-214_Hawk
03-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I use F9 to toggle between the two, problem is....snap doesn't work. When I toggle to snap, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

OK, I forgot to say I wanted to use the small thumbstick on my ch throttle. How do I program it for that?

WWSpinDry
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

Tully__
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
It depends what the thumbstick does by default. If it sends DX button presses, you should be able to assign the thumbstick to the Snap Views in the game.

Alternately you can use the CH programming software to make the thumb stick send the default key controls already assigned for snap views in the game (if I recall correctly the default snap views are all on the numpad). See the link provided by WWSpinDry for more information on CH controller programming.

VFS-214_Hawk
03-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Tully, Ill check it out. I just downloaded ch manager but must have gotten a virus from the above link in the post above. My ch throttle no longer works or is recognized. Ill try in the morning, I am tired!

WWSpinDry
03-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Wasn't trying to be a smart-a$$, Hawk; that is the official support forum for CH Products. Seriously, you can not only get absolutely expert tech help there, searching the forums will turn up answers to most any question. In addition they have sample scripts and already-done maps for all sorts of sims you can download and look over to modify or use as is. Want toe brakes to work in IL-2? They can fix you up. They also post a link to the latest version of CM when it gets updated (I think they're up to 4.20).

I know of people who went from zero to writing their own control scripts, just from reading the manual and asking questions on that site.

Cheers!

VFS-214_Hawk
03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
sorry bout that WW, I forgot about this post. What was ment to be a separate post ended up being a duplicate of another. I did download the manager stuff then my controls disappeared. I finally got them back and it wasnt a virus, just a geeky program not intended for stupid guys like me! Its gonna take a lot for me to get all that set. It may take me a two year degree to learn it all...lol

Thanks for that information and soryy I forgot to explain myself!

WWSpinDry
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
NP. Just looking back at how I posted only a link with no comment, it could have been taken as a cheeky RTFM post, and I didn't want to leave that impression. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif