PDA

View Full Version : comp lan prob

Anti_Ship_Fella
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
my LAN always dissapears when i tuurn on the comp i was lan-free for 9 days now and it cmes back when it wants so if anyone knows how to fixit please help

BrotherVoodoo
10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Your LAN icon dissapears on your toolbar but I assume you are still actually connected? If so you can go into Control Panel/Network connections. Right click on your LAN connection and go to properties and check "show icon in notifaction area when connected. You can also check the "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity."

Anti_Ship_Fella
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
no the lan is there and im connected by an other connection and when i turn off the comp and turn it on angin in the morning it is not there and i cant connect my other connection without LAN

BrotherVoodoo
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you using multiple NIC cards in your system? When you say LAN I assume you are connecting through a router? Connecting to your LAN should happen automatically when you boot up. The connection should not simply go away unless there is a cable or hardware malfunction. Have you checked your network drivers?

Anti_Ship_Fella
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
yup

Anti_Ship_Fella
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
and i forgot to say i have a router

VF-17_Jolly
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
I'm not sure I understand. Are you using multiple NIC cards in your system? When you say LAN I assume you are connecting through a router? Connecting to your LAN should happen automatically when you boot up. The connection should not simply go away unless there is a cable or hardware malfunction. Have you checked your network drivers? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Had somthing similar turned out to be a dodgy cable

BrotherVoodoo
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
You could try and swap out the ethernet cable. If you still have the problem maybe change the port you are connected to on the router. I know that the drivers can cause issues if you mistakenly update the driver unintentionallyy. For example if you have a Nvidia graphics card and you go to update it, there is a choice to also update LAN and chipset drivers. It can be easy to mistakenly update those unintentionally. If all else fails reload the correct drivers for your NIC just in case this has happened.