PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible to use russian plane in finnish dynamic campaign?

piliszcze
12-11-2005, 02:47 AM
I tried to change planesFiF file in DGen folder by adding plane, but it didnt work.
It worked if I addded "axis" plane so it was possible to fly dynamic campaign as a finnish pilot in 109F.
I know, that changig alliance produces errors, but what about for example P_11C, which is described as "allied" in quick mission and "view obejct" menu, but it is used as a light bomber in Romanian dynamic campargn?
I know, that it is impossible to fly planes used by allied side in dynamic campaigns, but there are some planes, which are not used in any campaig (for example Lagg3 series 29)

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2005, 04:14 AM
What are you trying to achieve here? Do you wish to fly Soviet plane as an axis plane ie captured LAGG in Finnish markings? Or are you trying to add more flyables to the Finnish/Soviet campaign? In AEP-FB the P11 is classified as a Romanian fighter.

piliszcze
12-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I would like to fly "captured" russian planes as a finnish pilot.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2005, 05:37 AM
To my knowledge this is not possible as DGEN is hardcoded to recognise designated planes as axis & allied. This is one of the "rules" of Dgen. The reason you can fly a 109F as axis is because Finland is considered Axis. You cant do this with a WS fighter eg LAGG is because it is a hardcoded allied fighter.

If you wish to continue exploring this then I suggest you investigate Paul Lowngrins DCG, this may allow you to do this

piliszcze
12-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Thank you.
Maybe it is theoretically possible to "copy" an aircraft and insert it to game under another name, but I understand, that ordinary user isn't able to do it.

Kuna15
12-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by piliszcze:
Thank you.
Maybe it is theoretically possible to "copy" an aircraft and insert it to game under another name, but I understand, that ordinary user isn't able to do it.

You would have to change DGen folder files. A few files 'edited' perhaps... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif