PDA

View Full Version : Uploading an avatar

voyager_663rd
01-20-2005, 09:51 AM
I've done a search and find that anyone(?) can upload their own avatar (within size limitations). When I try, it says I don't have permission to do it (my space/permissions doesn't have the upload box ticked). The reason for this is >>> ? I do something wrong or missed something?

voyager_663rd
01-20-2005, 09:51 AM
I've done a search and find that anyone(?) can upload their own avatar (within size limitations). When I try, it says I don't have permission to do it (my space/permissions doesn't have the upload box ticked). The reason for this is >>> ? I do something wrong or missed something?

adlabs6
01-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't understand it either. I just kept messing with it, and mine just appeared after I gave up. Strange.

steve_v
01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
You only needed the URL, not the extra script. I have corrected that and it is now displaying.

voyager_663rd
01-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Thanks Steve. For what it's worth, I tried to eliminate the script but for whatever reason, it added it back when I tried to update the procedure. Obviously I did something wrong but am grateful you've fixed it.

steve_v
01-21-2005, 03:05 PM
You didn't do anything wrong. The forum software caches your script, and it can take a long time for the changes to be permanent. After I changed yours, a few hours later it reported unchanged, but that was bogus.
Anyway, glad you got the avatar you wanted. http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/082.gif