PDA

View Full Version : Little things to add...

Konn1961
11-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Frist I like to say that PF is so far a great but not perfect game. But I know that with patching will meet most every ones idea of a navel air sim. I would like to see some of the things that were in PAW 1942 such as:
Torpedo bombers(as they were used in many battles and would make for a hard, but fun challange as a career).
Able to sink transports with machine gun fire(armor piercing)as could be done in the war, but not for warships.
More ships, as this part of the war was both shooting down planes and sinking ships.
This would be great as a campaign item as if you did not sink say a transport fleet with reinforcements can change the battle
latter.IE. The Toyko Express: Truk Lagoon etc.
Maybe fly a recon type plane IE. PBY etc. instead of a fighter(I know this is more a mission but will need PBY type flyable plane).

Some think that the Skip bombing on the water is a bug, but this was programed in to PAW 1942
because you can bounce bombs off the ocean under the right conditions and alot of ships are at the bottom the the ocean because of it. So to model this right would take some coding work and the water looks real. It may just not be a documented item.

I am sure I will think of something else...

Thanks
Michael

Konn1961
11-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Frist I like to say that PF is so far a great but not perfect game. But I know that with patching will meet most every ones idea of a navel air sim. I would like to see some of the things that were in PAW 1942 such as:
Torpedo bombers(as they were used in many battles and would make for a hard, but fun challange as a career).
Able to sink transports with machine gun fire(armor piercing)as could be done in the war, but not for warships.
More ships, as this part of the war was both shooting down planes and sinking ships.
This would be great as a campaign item as if you did not sink say a transport fleet with reinforcements can change the battle
latter.IE. The Toyko Express: Truk Lagoon etc.
Maybe fly a recon type plane IE. PBY etc. instead of a fighter(I know this is more a mission but will need PBY type flyable plane).

Some think that the Skip bombing on the water is a bug, but this was programed in to PAW 1942
because you can bounce bombs off the ocean under the right conditions and alot of ships are at the bottom the the ocean because of it. So to model this right would take some coding work and the water looks real. It may just not be a documented item.

I am sure I will think of something else...

Thanks
Michael

Tater-SW-
11-09-2004, 08:17 PM
You can skip bomb as a player now, no problem. The only issue is that the planes built specifically to skip bomb won't do it as AI.

tater

RepublicofTexas
11-09-2004, 10:31 PM
http://site.rareaviation.com/GunCameraAction1944Preview.wmv

.50 cal footage

Appleby93
11-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Skip bombing is great if you get it right.

killer2359
11-10-2004, 04:57 AM
IMO 1942:PAW revamped with PF type graphics would be THE perfect pacific combat sim!