PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed plot hole?

jzsnyder
12-28-2010, 09:21 PM
well, when browsing through these awesome games I seemed to have come a cross a small issue with the plot's story...

As seen in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu6hJRYsTbs&feature=channel) , Rebecca states, at around 00:25, "Damn European power grid!". This confused and interested me, because that is something someone not from Europe would say right? So, also taking into account their American accents, how did they get to Italy when they drove by car?

Also, if they did live in Asia or Africa, how did they get there so quickly? Answers please?

CharDude
12-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Who's to say they weren't in Europe in the first place? Assassins' travel all over the world quite alot, so it isn't really too odd for Rebecca to be in Europe to help Lucy out.

Where'd you get Asia and Africa from?

LaCava1
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Are you serious? Abstergo/the hideout are in Italy. Rebecca is American. They were in Italy the entire time for all three games. (Even while escaping Abstergo, the parking signs are in Italian)

the_atm
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
duh he was in the animus they got in their cargo plain wiht the van took him to the place (cant remmember name) then drove there, then he got out :P problem solved :P

LaCava1
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
duh he was in the animus they got in their cargo plain wiht the van took him to the place (cant remmember name) then drove there, then he got out :P problem solved :P
Ummm.... No. I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I hope not.

TheSpectator
12-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
Ummm.... No. I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I hope not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think he was just saying it is possible.
The fact is they were in Italy the whole time.

jzsnyder
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by CharDude2010:
Where'd you get Asia and Africa from?

Asia and Africa are the only continents accessible to Europe by car.

SolidSnakeMat
12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
If you look outside the window at the hideout it looks like the rooftops in Florence. Not 100% sure where Abstergo is in Italy but I'm pretty sure the hideout is in Florence. Then of course ACB they are in Montergioni,

jzsnyder
12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Excuse my noobiness, people, but how do you know Abstergo is located in Italy?

flyingeaglemile
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
Excuse my noobiness, people, but how do you know Abstergo is located in Italy?

Next time you play AC2 when you`re escaping with Lucy and you get to the parking lot look at the signs, they`re all in Italian, I think there`s even some signs in the hideout that are in Italian. Also when you look out the window in the hideout it looks like Florence type buildings.

Millhouse3rd
12-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
well, when browsing through these awesome games I seemed to have come a cross a small issue with the plot's story...

As seen in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu6hJRYsTbs&feature=channel) , Rebecca states, at around 00:25, "Damn European power grid!". This confused and interested me, because that is something someone not from Europe would say right? So, also taking into account their American accents, how did they get to Italy when they drove by car?

Also, if they did live in Asia or Africa, how did they get there so quickly? Answers please?

When playing AC2, look outside through the windows of the warehouse-apartment where they're staying at. You'll see that the neighbouring constructions have a distinct european architecture to them, mostly Italian. So my guess is that they were in Italy to begin with.