PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Deadzone

cp72
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm currently playing the Steam version so am doomed to wait for Valve to take care of us, but I have a question about the patch for those of you already playing under it. Does it do anything to help the problem of the large deadzone on joysticks or are we still stuck with that?

cp72
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm currently playing the Steam version so am doomed to wait for Valve to take care of us, but I have a question about the patch for those of you already playing under it. Does it do anything to help the problem of the large deadzone on joysticks or are we still stuck with that?

JoeBongo
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
The patch doesn't help, but I hacked up my input_filters.cfg inside the Config folder to hopefully lessen or remove the deadzone function in there (I'm not a coder but hope I've NOP'ed it so to speak).

My file now reads as below. I'd appreciate other people making a backup of what they have now and giving this a try instead. It's late now in London so I'll check back in the morning.

Cheers,

Joe
-----Copy beneath this line------
pitchvalue = { 0, 0 }
rollvalue = { 0, 0 }

RegisterNewFilter("filter_power", 3, "PowFilterFunc");
RegisterNewFilter("filter_roll", 4, "RollFilterFunc");
RegisterNewFilter("filter_pitch", 3, "PitchFilterFunc");
RegisterNewFilter("filter_assistance", 2, "AssistanceFilterFunc");
RegisterNewFilter("filter_changecamera", 4, "CameraFilterFunc");

function PowFilterFunc(val, dt, pow)
return val^pow;
end

function RollFilterFunc (val,dt,div,idx)
rollvalue[idx] = val
local maxpitch = pitchvalue[1]
if(maxpitch < pitchvalue[2]) then
maxpitch = pitchvalue[2]
end
local rolldeadzone = 0
local finalvalue = 0;
if (val < rolldeadzone) then
finalvalue = 0;
else
finalvalue = val
end
-- print (pitchvalue,rolldeadzone,finalvalue)
return finalvalue;
end

function PitchFilterFunc (val,dt, idx)
pitchvalue [idx] = val
return val
end

function AssistanceFilterFunc(val, dt)
local finalvalue = 0
if (pitchvalue[1] < 0.9) and (rollvalue[1] < 0.9) and (pitchvalue[2] < 0.9) and (rollvalue[2] < 0.9)then
finalvalue = val
end
return finalvalue
end

--kos.zag
camera_key_sum_dt = { 0.0, 0.0 };
camera_old_val = { 0.0, 0.0 };
function CameraFilterFunc(val, dt, hold_dt, slot)
local res_val = 0.0;
--user hold key
if (val > 0.5) then
camera_key_sum_dt[slot] = camera_key_sum_dt[slot] + dt;
end

--user unhold key
if ( (camera_old_val[slot]>0.5) and (val<0.5) and (camera_key_sum_dt[slot]<hold_dt)) then
res_val = 1.0;
camera_key_sum_dt[slot] = 0.0;
end

--the key not pressed
if (val<0.5) then
camera_key_sum_dt[slot] = 0.0;
end
--print (camera_key_sum_dt);
camera_old_val[slot] = val;
return res_val;
end
---------Copy up to but not including this line------------

dev_nl
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Idea,

Search the forum and see countless people complaining about it(tip it's a bug and ubisoft doesn't seem to acknowledge it or any other bug for that matters)

remember lockon modern air combat anyone?? bugged as hell and no fixes or answers from ubisoft!!!

HEAT.GRLSOV
03-20-2009, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dev_nl:
remember lockon modern air combat anyone?? bugged as hell and no fixes or answers from ubisoft!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lock On was only published by Ubisoft. The game was developed by Eagle Dynamics.

dev_nl
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Very true,

BUT after leaving ubi soft they released an unofficial addon which did fixed most of the bugs.

And i still do play the game/sim on a regular basis.

RogueTrooper05
03-21-2009, 12:43 AM
JoeBongo

Not 100% sure, but i think i def feel an improvement!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif TY VMUCH!! Will test again with both config files when i get some sleep!!

flagnag
03-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi tried your config with a thrustmaster stick x and I can't say it made any difference, hope Ubisoft get it sorted...

RogueTrooper05
03-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Hey Joe!

Tried both this config and the other one that you and Idiot06, were discussing in his thread, but no joy. Feels the same no mattter what.