PDA

View Full Version : Re: Trackir new movie

fubar2niner
01-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Is it me or is Ubi just a tad behind times on this news. I got this movie back in November last year, and in 800x600 res.

Just a thought http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

fubar2niner
01-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Is it me or is Ubi just a tad behind times on this news. I got this movie back in November last year, and in 800x600 res.

Just a thought http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Iphicles2005
01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Just curious, does anyone use this system and is it any good?

Btw, I'm returning to flight sims after a three year break I hope to make all your acquaintance's in the near future

Blaise_N_Fyre
01-20-2005, 07:28 PM
They are definitely behind. This seems like the video I saw in December, just before I was inspired to pick up a Track IR for myself. I got a $30 off coupon in my PF box. I have to say that Track IR makes a huge difference in the feel of the game. It is pricey, but well worth the investment for full immersion.

~Blaise~

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I've used several (all three...duh) versions and have been hooked since the day I got used to it. Now it's second nature and a definite immersion-enhancer.

TB

RidgeR5
01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
When I get a job again (bastids in my last job laid me off a week before x-mas) Im gonna have to make sure that is one of my first purchases...

EKat58
01-21-2005, 06:11 AM
fubar2niner,

I've had a TIR2 for over a year now and just upgraded to the TrackIR 3 Pro plus Vector expansion capability (6DOF).

While IL-2 FB/AEP/PF will not be able to use the vector expansion (due to the modeling design of the cockpits) I've found both the TIR2 and TIR3 Pro to be "required hardware" shortly after I began using them.

The TIR2 had a few quirks that I've found to be very much improved, if not eliminated, in the TIR3 Pro. Two of those quirks included; having to be very careful with the light in the room which caused tracking hot spots, and having to fiddle and adjust the TIR application to work properly with the sim. Now, with the TIR3 Pro, I have yet to worry about light in the room and the new version 4.0 application software now automatically works with sims that have native support for TIR (of which UBI and Maddox Games are just one of a growing number of distributors/developers that offer this feature).

I've also tried the Vortex 6 Degress of Freedom (6DOF) feature with Combat Flight Simulator 3 and must say it is another "gotta have" feature once you experience it. In CFS3, I can now look under a canopy cross bar or around the nose of my plan by simply leaning to the side or lowering my head. All of which seems very natural. If you want to look at your gauges or peer into the gun sight, just lean forward and look!

If you can part with the 180 bones for the TIR3 Pro and Vector expansion, by all means consider doing it, particularly if you fly CFS3 at all. If not, you can always get just the TIR3 or TIR3 Pro and greatly increase your enjoyment of the IL-2 series. Also, I highly recommend the NaturalPoint ball cap. But, if you are going to get the hat, it's only $30 more for the Vector expansion, as it comes with the ball cap anyway.

Cheers,
Ekat
AG26/VC

EKat58
01-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Oops, sorry fubar2niner, my messase was meant for Ipiphles2005.

EKat

Jabberwocky_
01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Quote:

fubar2niner

Just a thought

No, it's not just you, I saw this movie on naturalpoint's website back in Nov/Dec. Now that's hardly new is it? Somebody at UBI needs their head examined.

Cheers,

Jabberwocky

GT182
01-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I wonder if Hunter82 will accept the Coupon towards the full blown IR3Pro system - with the 6DOF software? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

delta_9_tetra
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Here are some new movies... http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/video.html