PDA

View Full Version : IL2 "High" or "Above Normal" Process Priority, Is there a way?

OAC_Rawool
08-21-2006, 07:45 PM
The last couple times i have played IL2 i have been experimenting with the Process Priority in Task Manager. I have come to the conclusion that the game runs A LOT better when it is set to High Priority.

Now, my computer has no problem running this game but sometimes there is a studder, or a freeze, or one of my background programs has decided to do something.

My question to you folks is, without ctrl+alt+del everytime i start up the game to switch the priority from normal to high, is there a way so by defult it is set to high.

I have only found 1 article on the internet that spoke of what i wanted.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/562046.html

But i cant really make sense of it. It seems to me that i would have to do this while the program is minimized.

Any suggestions?

Hashmark13
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Hello Rawool, I hope to help.

The page you link to says all there is to say. Make a batch file on your desktop. Here's how:

Make a new txt file on your desktop.

Insert this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c "start /high "C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Game\Game.exe""</pre>

Change the directory to your il2fb.exe file location.

Save the text file.

Go to desktop, rename file to IL2FB.bat

Play the game on High Priority.

Of course, when the game is launched through HyperLobby this batch file will be completely ignored.

Edit: Yes, put quotes around the installation path, or else the spaces will mess it up.

OAC_Rawool
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Ah, Thank you very much. I figured i would have to make a txt document first.

Its too bad it will be ignored if i use HL though. The majority of the time im playing through that.