PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Reload gun cooldown time

rocker9893
01-14-2011, 02:19 AM
A friend wants to complete the multiplayer challenge to get the hidden gun rapid reload, but he wants to know what the cooldown time decreases to. Has anyone done the challenge and if so can you please tell me the cooldown time? Thanks.

GAOStarr
01-14-2011, 04:30 AM
I haven't done it yet, but I have observed that every Rapid Reload Cooldown time is 10 Seconds shorter than the original Cooldown time.

I believe the Hidden Gun's original Cooldown time is 90 Seconds? Therefore the Rapid Reload Cooldown time for the Hidden Gun would be 80 Seconds.

Answer: 80 Seconds

Airwinz
01-14-2011, 04:32 AM
The hidden gun is the bain of everything fun about this game.

FearlessSpeach
01-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Airwinz:
The hidden gun is the bain of everything fun about this game.

bane*

Actually, the intarweb spellin nazi is the bane of everything fun in this game. One could go so far as to call his very existence anathema to joy itself.

But yeah, its 80. It really sucks that the gun challenges give you the gun that would make them easier, where as most of the other abilities its possible to get a better ability to do the harder challenges. Getting shot sucks, but doing gun challenges sucks more, they're mind numbingly dull.

Can be fun to mess with people by giving up incog focus hidden kills for it, and them knowing you did it for that supar 100 points.

obliviondoll
01-14-2011, 05:36 AM
It annoys people more to see you hit them with throwing knives, join a blend group heading their way, THEN shoot them for the "play with your food" challenge.

Phyxsius-
01-14-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
It annoys people more to see you hit them with throwing knives, join a blend group heading their way, THEN shoot them for the "play with your food" challenge.

You are wrong, Obliviondoll http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif . People laugh or should, when shot. Points are so few that you really start thinking what would have happened if the person would have used poison and hidden and all kinds of interesting modifiers .

FearlessSpeach
01-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

You are wrong, Obliviondoll http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif . People laugh or should, when shot. Points are so few that you really start thinking what would have happened if the person would have used poison and hidden and all kinds of interesting modifiers . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Dolly.

Only get play if they are still under knife effect, so the group blend one is kinda hard to make work if entered post knives. I've become a huge fan of the point blank 3 second aim on a grounded target. That has produced some excellent responses.

@ Not dolly, started with P or something and scrolling is hard.

While working on sniper I started using Long poison + gun so that I could shoot people while their screen was green for an extra layer of screwing with them. Too bad I can't intercept myself, that would up my score by 50% you know. This was especially good for the 5th gun kill in a match I was confident I would win and knew my target had a mic. Also, I'm still 4 running poisons away from rapid, been at 71 since christ was a corporal, so carrying poison is never a bad idea for me.

Granted, I am the firs to rage rabidly at that guy that shoots me in the last 20 seconds of a match after 3 pursuers drew every other lure and made me run to end up losing untouchable to that one super cheap death (13/20, and had at least 4 last minute gun deaths). I don't think the gun should have been included in the MP, though i adored it in AC2 SP. Since it is in though, the challenges, and its ability to mess with people, is quite valuable. After all, 90% of the stories we get on the forums about epic fail players involves the gun. In fact, I'm mildly surprised none of my apparently utterly pointless waists of points during play and sniper showed up on the "biggest fail" threads.

luth411
01-14-2011, 07:25 AM
It is 80 seconds.

The gun is supposed to be comic relief. That is not to say it doesn't have its uses. The gun allows you to kill two targets in a short period of time with much less risk of humiliation than doing so with poison. The gun is a good counter to charge, a good way to get a kill +poacher to keep a competitor from getting points, a good way to get a kill from a distance before being killed yourself (rather than just being killed), and a good way to kill someone who's running (rather than awarding them an escape).